World Cup 2010

BadaBing

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great calendar BB -

after getting up at 4am to see the Aussies embarrassing effort against Germany.. putting up with the GF's mother who is staying down here for a few days, come up with such fabulous lines as...

Why don't they just kick a goal?

Why don't they kick it up the other end?

Why aren't they wearing green and gold?

Why can they punch each other with no penalty?

fuck

Staying up, or rather, waking up to watch England last night was equitably horrific. I can't think of a more dull, and lifeless display I've seen this world cup.

The lads are overpaid, lackluster and generally I think Rooney has been useless. I think Defoe and Crouch should start the next match, and on top of that I can't believe this Heskey bloke is a "hold-up player" I saw the long-ball bounce five yards off of him like he's a street lamp post last night.

:surprised:

numbers

I can't think of a more dull, and lifeless display I've seen this world cup.

Then apparently you didn't watch the first half of the US/Slovenia match. I don't know if the US boys were even there in the first half. They woke up later but holy fuck, they looked quite bad.

I watched the game where it seemed they had no defense whatsoever and looked truly like boys playing against men. The could barely get the ball past midfield and their offensive strategy looked like a hockey game. Kick the ball from your own end into the opposing end and hope your player can get a loose ball.

2nd half was a different team, different game, obviously.

I am giving them all the credit in the world. The played only 1 half of football and still tied. If they would have shown up in the beginning of the game, they may have actually won.

Good job by them. Don't know the scenrios but from what I think has to happen for the US to advance is they have to beat Algeria badly and hope that England and Slovenia tie or England wins by less goals than the US wins by. Is that right??

USA just need to win. Period - and their through.

5 points for USA

Algeria will be on 1.

So Slovenia/England

Slovenia wins - 7 points and through

England wins - 5 points and then goes down to what? Goal difference?

Tie - Slovenia will have 5, English will have 3, so USA and Slovenia go through.

Now, if USA only ties, well they don't deserve to go on anyways, right?

Yes, looks like USA just needs to win and be through.

To my knowledge when points are tied then it's up to the goal difference. If that is tied, too, then who scored more goals. And if that's tied, how they played against each other. After that it's a lucky draw!

Happened at least once, World Cup 1990, Ireland and Netherlands. As both teams advanced it wasn't such a hard decision.

Archived