taxi to Pattaya costs

I negotiated one from departures, first asked 1500 second agreed on 800+tolls. 1500 from the official taxi stand, you need to go down floor from arrivals again.

You can order a return taxi at many Pattaya stands, they will take 200 advance for their service + 600 for the driver.

I'm told just today from an old hand that they are now trying to extort B1200 for the ride from Patts to Bangers. TIT: less customers, put the prices up.

Less customers ? Why am I reading posts that say that NEP, SC and Walking St are all 'going off' atm ? Hmm - perhaps we overestimate the contribution of the single male traveller to the Thai economy. I am working on the assumption that the Farang family groups that were everywhere in March (moreso in Pattaya, but still a few wandering around Suk) have gone home till things cool down.

taxi tarts at the booth at SWB barked 1500bht at me about 6 weeks ago. i couldn't be fcuked arguing after 2.5 days of travel. Driver kept the meter on and i reminded him of the fixed price as I sat there and watched the meter race to 500bht before we were even a couple of clicks from SWB as it was ticking over at 30bht a minute even when we were stopped. when it hit 1600bht it magically slowed to about 2bht a minute.

driver could see me looking at the metre and looking at my watch but i said nothing as i didn't want to be dumped off on the middle of the highway. When we got to pattaya metre was up to about 1850bht. i gave him the 1500 and told him his metre is kaput. Taxi dude got very nervous and wanted me to give the complaint chit that you are handed at the airport. I laughed and said "i think it in back seat and shut the door only to see him dive into the backseat looking for it.

last time i get a metre taxi. Most of them are shitboxes with busted seats and loud exhausts driven by tweakers.

Mate,

I am not sure how often u travelled to LOS, I would go up the departure level and look around, u will find guys holding PTY placards. Just say 1,000 incld., toll like a regular traveler.

In case u do not find one just go out and u can tell the cabs guys ur heading to PTY, he would make a few calls and the cab comes, I am sure the guy makes 100 out of him.

cheers

Less customers ? Why am I reading posts that say that NEP, SC and Walking St are all 'going off' atm ? Hmm - perhaps we overestimate the contribution of the single male traveller to the Thai economy. I am working on the assumption that the Farang family groups that were everywhere in March (moreso in Pattaya, but still a few wandering around Suk) have gone home till things cool down.

Mate, your assumptions are way off. This place is deader than dead, and not just the P4P venues (I only spend maybe 10% of my time in those). Mrs LK & I came back from abroad on the 2nd, at 1:30pm, and were the only ones on the travellators (save five cleaning ladies) from C-concourse to the immigration hall and literally the only travellers in the immigration hall.

But our flight was full. People were just transferring to other destinations, not LoS (or at least BKK or Patts).

Archived