Early check in - Sukhumvit hotel??

fatbastard33

I am wanting a hotel which is about 3 star or better in Sukhumvit where I have a good chance to get an early check in at about 0800 in early July after my flight from London.

I know it depends on how full the hotel is for the previous evening and also early check outs but I am not wanting to hang around after my international flight for 3 or 4 hours.

Cheers

Fatbastard33

Morning maid shifts usually start about 8 a.m. Guests have usually started departing before then. Like you noted, depends on vacancy rate/turnover on a particular day. It might be worth a wait of an hour or so, rather than get whatever room is first available. I habitually stay at the Nana Hotel. No need to wait; if so, a room is available against my reservation within 20-30 minutes.

HH

But he was looking for a 3* or better! :neener:

Nonetheless, I agree cleaning crews generally don't even begin work 'till 0800 or later (and the ones that don't leave used condoms under your bed usually take longer than 20 mins to clean a room :nono:), so early check-outs won't help the OP much.

What I would do is contact the manager before traveling and get an idea of the occupancy level. If bad news, I'd revert to Mekong's plan or try another hotel.

All I'm saying is that the Nana's the worst place I've stayed in Bangkok, and the only budget hotel apart from the Towne Lodge, which was much nicer. It's not my intent to degenerate this thread into the old debate about the Nana, though.

If there's one suggestion I can offer, it's to negotiate by email or phone with the GM or reservations manager of the hotel of choice. No money down, a personal relationship (thus good service) and in July you can be pretty flexible about last minute hotel choices, particularly this July, I expect. As long as this method of booking (no money down) can still be done in LOS, I'll do it.

Hi,

Given the tourism out look with all the problems and July being a low season, I am sure u will get the room early.

Why shell out for night..... most of upsacle hotels stick for 12.00 check when they have less than 50% occpancy, they just want a quick buick. I would just go to short time hotel pay 300, (PB) and take nap after a long flights and then check-in around 11.00.

cheers

Dear All,

Thanks for your comments.

What I have decided to do is get my gf to check in to our hotel the night before as she lives quite a distance outside Bkk. Then when I arrive there is no problem with me going straight to the room.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Fatbastard33

All I'm saying is that the Nana's the worst place I've stayed in Bangkok, and the only budget hotel apart from the Towne Lodge, which was much nicer. It's not my intent to degenerate this thread into the old debate about the Nana, though.

I can take you to a place on Soi 3 that would have you sprinting back to the Nana, but the absolute best value for money I have experienced in BKK is Ballys Suites down on Soi 22. Big rooms and I have never had an issue with noisy guests or crap staff. Even with the dramas I had with Ms CP back in the room, its one of the few hotels that I left with happy memories - I normally cant wait to check out of places like the Novatel in KL - Ballys is a step up from that.

Archived