Another "New" Bar Exploration

expat

After leaving Windmill tonight, I figured I'd do the bar-less-travelled thing again as I vaguely recall someone asking me for more reports and it's kind of fun to have a mission.

First I stopped at Sweethearts??? I think is the name. It's a long narrow bar, 50 baht draft beer, right on Walking Street on the left as you go from Soi Diamond towards Peppermint. 4 stages, some quite good looking girls there--whiter skin than usual, very thin by and large, not terribly young. The owner makes a point of greeting everyone who enters then leaving them be--a nice touch. Very much a tourist bar feel. There was a farang couple and a couple of other guys there. Certainly no party atmosphere, but I might go back someday to try to chat up some white-skinned girl if I'm in that mood.

A dancer came up and said she remembered me. We had a long conversation, long and short of it she had an Irish husband, he died and she ended up with nothing. Believable story as her English was uncommonly good. I told her to go work in a more expat oriented bar--she said she used to work in TQ, but a girl had decided she didn't like her and had railroaded her out. It all sounded quite believable, but who knows? She was attractive and nice (not my type at all, though). I wish her well.

Next stop was Champion. 35 baht beer. There's a reason for that. Take a guess:

Yes, it's because the average age of the bar 'girls' is 35 as well as being the combined number of kids had by the 7 dancers. A bit of fiction there, but you get the idea. When the waitress brought back the change from my hundred, she sighed as I grabbed it expecting no tip, but seemed shocked when I gave her one of the twenties as a tip. I've rarely seen 20 baht make someone so happy.

There was one attractive woman, by the way, but I didn't get a chance to talk to her. I think of Champion as a yearly visit obligation.

Finally I went to Beaver's near the beginning of Walking Street (close to South Pattaya road). Nice party atmosphere here. I was drunk by then--on my last beer for the night, so almost ended up chatting up some fairly decent girl instead of waiting to see what the cream of the crop was, but finally woke up before she finished dancing and was able to escape unscathed. This bar has a nice feel to it--just make sure you don't settle for a girl below your standards just because she looks so good in comparison to the others in the bar. :D

That's over and out from your dutiful reporter expat.

good report. I was in Sweetheards a few weeks back when the SK crowds we just begining to tapper off. Place was chocka block with guys that looked like they were from Turkey or Iran, one of which was quite drunk and doing body builder poses in the mirror. typical pattaya freakshow. Does champions still have the black painted walls, remined me of what hell will be like if i ever make it there.

Archived