Soi Buakhao

jakestevernson

I stay there all the time. I'd say Cheap and Cheerful is good way of putting it, but during slow season, the girls are not very cheerful. It bums me out a little seeing how desperate they get sometimes. That goes for all of Pattaya I guess, but seems a little more apparent there.

It really helps to have a motosai if you stay there. It's not as close to the baht bus as other places.

I love the area, its far enough from the noise but close enough to the beach. Defintely cheap and cheerful and a great english breakfast around the corner at the bookshop just near soi 11.

The baht buses travel from Jomtien through Soi buckhao, down pattaya garn to the beach - if you are unlucky they will turn right at Tops down second road.

C&C. I've had trips where I never really venture out of that area. No Beach Road, no Walking Street. Never cross Second Road.

Been staying Soi Diana for many, many years and have seen Soi Buakhao grow from pretty dead scene to lots of good fun.

Go for it!

There are many baht buses running up and down Soi Buakhao. You rarely have to wait more than a few minutes to catch one and often its less than a minute. Ninety percent of baht buses going south turn right at the end of South Pattaya Road and come back up second road. 10 percent turn left for Jomtien. Whichever one you take, you can get off at the turning which is also very handy for walking street.

chelseafan was talking about going the other direction, towards Pattaya Central Road (Pattaya Glang). In that case, they turn left on Central Road and then either go left on Beach Road back down towards Walking Street or right on Second Road up to Dolphin circle.

For example, if you're going to Soi 6 you would want to go up Second Road a bit. :) In that case, you can just ask them "Bai Big C, Mai Krap?" If they say yes, it means they will turn right on Second Road and go up towards Dolphin Circle. Don't worry about being charged extra for asking--doesn't happen in this case in my rather extensive experience.

Yes I was aware that Chelseafan already posted about traveling in the other direction, i.e. to North Pattaya. My post was to explain about going South as Walking Street is also a popular place to visit. If you stay on baht buses going South on Soi Buakhao, they will usually take you up Second Road to Soi 8, 7 and 6.

I used to stay at Dynasty Inn on Soi 13 but now prefer Opey de Place 50 meters off central south Soi Bukhao. The pool is much better and the rooms have a King sized bed, a large fridge and aircon for 800 baht. The location is as good as Soi 13. Oasis gogo is about 100 meters from Opey.

Archived