What IS The Latest News On Red Shirts

bust

Appears they have set all the barricades on fire in a last act. Also starting fires in isloated areas.

I can somewhat understand the police and Army letting them do so. All that would happen is the police/army drive up, the guys would scatter and move someplace else. Let them get it out of thier system and get on with life tomorrow.

TH

That's my perception too, but it's quite a risky bet.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not talking about teh main stage but about teh mobile commandos on pick ups carrying tires and setting major crossroads on fir, like Aoske/Sukhumvit. On TV 9 they even showed how these guys loaded the tires and drove away. I don't understand how they can get around the military.

I wouldn't blame any police man who would just shoot these idiots. They did not deserve better. But doing nothing is a scandal. TIT

Red shirt radio station is allegedly urging people to go out and set fire to anything and everything.

Massive fires reported near main protest area and in Klong Toey.

The major smoke plumes are just about gone. You can tell when the tires burnout as the smoke turns white. There does appear to be a serious fire where the stage was on Rama IV, the smoke is not the black tire fire smoke, but that may be because it is hidden from my view until it gets fairly high.

Looks to me like there was an hour or so of anarchy but things are getting back to normal. The Asok/Suk intersection is completely cleared and traffic is moving in every direction. 30 minutes ago it was blocked with burning tires and buses parked with air let out the tires.

TH

Archived