What IS The Latest News On Red Shirts

bust

The current situation was largely predictable.

to that extend ? naaaah.......

looks like sore losers / revenge fire attacks to me with permission from the police.....

BB

I'm not surprised at all with what is happening right now. It's typically Thai, no nuances in emotions it's all or nothing.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
T'were me in charge' date=' I would want to have some tangible damage, to blame on the reds and thereto, I might just let it get a little out of hand to justify the means, to gain an end.[/quote']

Well, problem is I don't see how authorities can fight this, it's happening all over the place. They can take down a handful here and there, but now it's urban guerrilla, a nightmare to handle.

Hopefully those extremists will just tire off after they vent their anger, but if they're decided to carry on indefinitely, it's really bad.

Unpalatable though the thought is, shoot on sight is a remedy, worked on the drug dealers a while back.

There was a report early today that when the recent talks with Thaksin broke down, Thaksin said that his back-up plan would soon be put into action. He said that there would be a lot of sabotage.

(I'm too busy/lazy to find the source right now.)

Unpalatable though the thought is, shoot on sight is a remedy, worked on the drug dealers a while back.

Orders reportedly have been issued to that effect, but still, law enforcers can't be everywhere or predict where the mob is going to hit.

No one knows how many of them are going to turn up, it's not just the 3 or 5 or 10 thousands who were at the protest encampment, Reds likely have supporters by hundreds of thousands in Bangkok, who can say how many of them are crazy enough to join the insurrection?

Snipers can also be around. Some law-enforcers are sympathetic. Real chaos is there.

So much for police and army controll :(

BB

Same kind of shit was allowed to take place a few years ago in LA. Police, literally 100 feet from stores being looted and torched, just watched. Was a sad day to see those sworn "to protect and to serve" look like hermit crabs. Shop keepers were forced to open fire on rioters to protect their property (and maybe their lives).

HH

Bangkok is burning

3:57pm

Unknown men set fire to several buildings and shopping centres in Bangkok after the core leaders of the United front for democracy against Dictatorship announced an official ending of rally at Ratchaprasong intersection, reports said.

It was reported that fires broke out at the 7-Eleven convenience store at Din Daeng, Central World in Ratchaprasong, Siam Theater at Siam Square, and branches of commercial banks nearby.

In addition, the 6th floor of Maleenond Building on Rama IV and the Klong Toey office of the Bangkok Metropolitan Electricity Authority were also set fire.

Moreover, the red-shirts have set fire to the provincial halls in Khon Kaen and Udon Thani.

Rink

Archived