What IS The Latest News On Red Shirts

bust

Would like to make the community know that lovely Nok as per today about 14:00 local time turned from hardcore RedShirt aficionada towards a more liberal point of view mainly due to the extended closure of the nearest 7/11 outlet .

NOw there's an idea: order all 7-11's across the country closed, should clear up all of this within a day or 2.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Red shirt radio station is allegedly urging people to go out and set fire to anything and everything.

There's the ones you want to arrest and administer capital punishment on.

Echoes of Rwanda there: using media to broadcast orders to commit atrocities.

Actually they ought to just shut down that radio station, arrest anyone there.

The guy who made the broadcast can be positively identified by his voice -- science is able to do that beyond doubt now.

They shut down the red TV for broadcasting lies and inciting the mob and the consensus on this board was that was an inappropriate act by the government...and not just the red shirt apologists.

I'm with you tho' Wendella, free speech is not free, it has responsibilities. If it is used to incite a mob, then it should be closed down or at the very least somehow made to feel pain (like fines, jail time, etc).

They shut down the red TV for broadcasting lies and inciting the mob and the consensus on this board was that was an inappropriate act by the government...and not just the red shirt apologists.

I'm with you tho' Wendella, free speech is not free, it has responsibilities. If it is used to incite a mob, then it should be closed down or at the very least somehow made to feel pain (like fines, jail time, etc).

In most of our countries, there are laws against hate speech and especially of broadcasting it. the role of broadcast hate speech is clear in past genocides: Rwanda, Nazi Germany, Mussolini Italy, Ottoman Turkey, Yugoslavia, etc. etc.

But if someone broadcasts that people ought to go out and burn other people's property, I'd think it makes them personally responsible for that act if it then happens.

Did I say capital punishment? OK that's a bit much. Foaming at the mouth. But appropriate punishment at least.

But it's always been a country with no real laws, and when that's the case people presume they can do whatever they want as long as it's within the bounds of who they are (class). So if you are the son of Chalerm, for example, it's perfectly all right to execute a police officer in front of a crowd in a disco. That sort of thing.

But on the other side of the coin, the red TV was doing nothing that Rush Limbaugh and his ilk are doing in the States (i.e., inciting hate, spreading demonstrable lies and seditious talk) and nothing seems to happen to them. :dunno:

Just where do you draw the line? I'm not really sure either.

Archived