Nick Nostitz...live action report.

chuckwoww

I think they are winning the propaganda war outside of Thailand - as long as the Red Shirts are poor farmers with sling shots and the army are bad guys with rifle.

The non-Thai media seems to have a bias which is pro-Red Shirt which to me is pro-Thaksin by default.

Yeah, all of that. But especially the bold.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they are winning the propaganda war outside of Thailand - as long as the Red Shirts are poor farmers with sling shots and the army are bad guys with rifle.

The non-Thai media seems to have a bias which is pro-Red Shirt which to me is pro-Thaksin by default.

Right. It's all in the perception. The shoppers with the Gucci handbags are being defended against the people who make the bloody things.

<< Right. It's all in the perception. The shoppers with the Gucci handbags are being defended against the people who make the bloody things. >>

Rice farmers make Gucci handbags?

Some of their daughters do. If they aren't selling pussy.

Anyway as cockasian says the Reds are winning the propaganda war outside of Thailand. It's the perception that counts.

well thats funny bb i have a book by nick about the yellow/red crisis, with words and pictures!!

so, now one needs to be a journalist / reporter in order to publish a book ?

funny comment :)

next time you see / hear / mail him, ask what is written on his work visa, ok ?

photographer.

BB

Maybe. Being in Thailand, the only stuff I see in passing is in the BBC website and Yahoo, before checking my email. The BBC goes a little too far in trying to be neutral, just saying what each side believes, selectively not pointing out the common-sense kind of things that I have just done, for example. Yahoo's a bit like that too - not making it clear that Thailand is a democracy already. So I guess non-informed outsiders may assume the protestors have a case. Hmmm - I'll ask a few others outside Thailand.

But I wouldn't think basic non-informed outside opinion will have much influence. And Abhisit, with his Oxford education and general 'good boy' appearance, should naturally find it easier to project a good, reasonable, image than Thaksin, who looks pretty crap to Western audiences when he dodges simple but pointed questions of the type Western journalists like to (and are allowed to) ask. Imagine him in a room with Jeremy Paxman!

So then what? The outside nations invade to install Takky as PM again?

Well outside perception seems to matter to some people. I don't see it as very important. Thais seem to be divided between rural poor and Bangkok elite....with some in the middle. I doubt if any external pressure will change that. Knowing Thais it might even make things worse. I think Bangkok based reporters know enough to stay neutral. Even the lese majeste industry has gone quiet.

Archived