Nick Nostitz...live action report.

chuckwoww

Hmmmm, how hard can it be? 1) Put petrol inside bottle, 2) put cloth stopper inside bottle, 3) saturate cloth with petrol, 4) set cloth ablaze, and 5) throw entire assembly away from one's self and mates.

If they fuck that up, they must be really stupid or uncoordinated LOL!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is they are indeed too stupid and probably forgot to 'block' the cloth which sticks out of the bottle -> so when they threw, the cloth and the bottle separated...

Or they got the 'mix' wrong and left too much beer in it when putting the petrol...

Who knows and anyway this is all good they didn't work, hope the reds remain stupid.

Hope the missus sister can come back safely form uni this evening

Whether you like the guy or not, name one other guy from this board who is on the front line putting his balls out... well?

Wrong conclusions? who says? This guy is there and sees it first hand while the rest of us are in the rear with the gear arguing about who has the bigger Thailand dick.

Honestly I haven't even read what his current POV is, so can't say he draws wrong conclusions -- I just meant to point out he's as likely to have his own opinion as anyone, and almost as likely to have one that's off as anyone else.

Whether or not I like him: I do, or did. I met him a long long time ago (2000?), we talked about some pretty serious issues back in Cambodia that he was reporting about at the time. He struck me as level-headed, smart, serious.

Regardless, I don't consider him to be any kind of absolute authority on whats happening now. I think our opinions about it tend to have some connection to whatever politics we had before coming to Thailand, and he's human after all.

Its Nicks business his breadline his way of making MONEY that is at leastA MAJOR part of his motivation here. Which is fine.In a month or so he will have a new book out with all of the the photos.

I was about and about in the red camp last week trying to get a feel of their position.Lots of angry people for sure.

Dicier now though for sure.

This sucks though and I am about to bolt for a while maybe some waves in bali... :)

Not sure where to post this but I'm wondering what the end game will look like. Will the army send in one or two armoured vehicles at each barricade? Will foot soldiers then go in behind them? Will the protesters just surrender? Military experts please feel free to comment.

Military way to end it? Well this seems like a pipe dream which the government won't use.

Too late it seems except if the army seriously do it quickly but I highly doubt it.

To get rid of the reds road blocks and strongholds -> simply apply urban warfare concepts without mercy (to downsize casualties troops can use rubber bullet and tear gas but at the risk to suffer higher casualties themselves)

-> send APC (but preferably tanks) covered by infantry (mutual protection) using live rounds

-> there would be quite a lot of reds dead but most of them would probably surrender quickly after seeing the first ones killed.

(this is quite easy given the opponent doesn't have a large supply of AT weapons thus lower risk for the attacker)

Still, this doesn't solve the problem of the reds outside the 'red area' and if these ones continue the 'little guerilla' war then it might turn into a full scale guerilla war...

Government waited too long and now can't rely (and don't want to) on a pure military solution...

TIT, wait and see...and pray

Semi ironic: The quickest way would be to send 2-4 F-16 with bombs, heavy artillery preparation then send tanks+infantry squads to mop up but this might be a bit excessive...

1. Govt accept peace talks, to include a third (independent) party (UN/Asean) as a monitor.

2. Demand that the same three leaders represent the UDD

3. Pick the venue outside the Red Camp

4. Talk and talk - keep them occupied (and on TV) until very late

5. Schedule more talks for the next day, but don't allow the leaders to return to the Red Camp (for their safety). Use the time to get as many people out of the Red Camp as you can.

6. If you don't get an agreement after the 2nd day of talks, keep the leaders from getting back into their Red Camp by basically any means

7. Start the crackdown - send in a large contingent of soldiers by air (very big show) into a building as close as possible to the Red Camp - or even better yet just inside of it. Anyone have the list of the 106 people whose bank accounts have been frozen? Even better if one of them (or companies) owns a suitable building. Have no intention of doing anything with the soldiers except to make show of them being in there, on the rooftop, at the windows, etc.

8. Stage a diversion to start, using non-lethal means (which may mean that soldiers will be at risk) - isolate people if possible and remove them far from the scene.

9. Get the red guards to reinforce where you want them - basically the Rajaprasong Road from Rama 4 intersection to the World Trade Center intersection - bordered by Lumpini Park on one side, and the Royal Bangkok Sports Club on the other - that is the best vantage point for the army to position troops and keep the public out of the way. (Yes, there still is a large number of condos, hotels and offices on that stretch - but by far the best area for the military to stage/operate from in my opinion).

Then the military/police will need to do the job - if it comes down to this.

Archived