Helicopters and a lot of black smoke

Hardy641

Well I am on Narathiwas Soi 24, definitely there are/were helicopters. I saw them.

Unfortunately I can't locate the origin of the smoke, but it looks to come from outside of Ratchaprason.

I made a pic but dunno how to upload.

Bon Kai, the intersection of Rama IV and the highway? Lots of fighting going on there now. Red have set aflame their tyre barricades.

http://twitpic.com/1o8r6c

http://twitpic.com/1o8m1c

Or maybe at the Klong Toey market intersection? Reds there and street blocked, but not much fighting (yet) AFAIK.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enough of the crap please - kiss and make up please.

:grouphug:

So far nothing has move down Sukhumvit past Soi 2 - the entrance to the expressway was still open as of this Sunday noon.

And actually- did not see a single military/police/traffic police officer in the area (Suk Soi 2 up to Asoke) - will venture out again right before dark.

Cheers!

WhatchutalkingboutWillis? I'm on Suk & 31 and can see 360 degrees from my condo. I'm looking down sois 31, 29, 27, 20 & 22.

No helo here, nor any visable smoke. All I can detect is a slight smell of tyre smoke in the air.

But we should probably check with OH to be sure. :banghead:

We;;. I don;t live in Thailand, so my opinion doesn't matter according to at least one...but as you asked, and because I liem you, I will aloow you to look out your window and look for helicopters. Ps you owe me money for nose strips...just saying. Make some scrambled eggs toast bacon and coffee it could be a lng night.

And yes, the smoke that is coming from the Bon Kai intersection (trivia - how many people who live here actually knew the name of this part of town?)

Good PR by the Reds - a burning tire puts out a hell of a lot of smoke - so good bang for the buck - and makes good photos. Doesn't do much damage though by itself.

Yeah, that might well be the area where the smokes comes from.

Klong Toey market is quite far from protest site. When I drove home last night at around 3:30am there were dozens of taxis parking on the flyover over Rama4 road leaving only one lane open. Traffic moved very slow and the guys were looking into each car passing. No idea what they did there, but did not feel comfortable passing them.

I will be there, but only if I can buy a bottle...wait I have to stop drinking...how does that work? if I need to quit, but quite tomorro, and then cross the international dateline...? ok got it, Silver Dollar it is! When I arrive, hopefully in August...

Yeah, that might well be the area where the smokes comes from.

Klong Toey market is quite far from protest site. When I drove home last night at around 3:30am there were dozens of taxis parking on the flyover over Rama4 road leaving only one lane open. Traffic moved very slow and the guys were looking into each car passing. No idea what they did there, but did not feel comfortable passing them.

Not any more. Klong Toey market is now the leading edge of the red zone.

Here's a good map that anyone in BKK should see on a regular basis. It shows the hot spots and is updated frequently: Bangkok Dangerous

Archived