Town Hall Meeting 5-18-2010 at 2:00pm

cavanami

, get registered with the Embassy so you can be alerted if things go nasty!

I am sure that this forum and other websites will be faster in issuing alerts than embassy website.

(I say that about my own embassy not just US)

When I was living / working in Taiwan, I was a "Warden" meaning that I have a group of people that I would contact in critical times.

Contacting the people might mean walking to their apartments and knocking on their door, phone them, email, whatever means might be available.

Never had to do this, so could be slow :dunno:

' date=' get registered with the Embassy so you can be alerted if things go nasty! [/quote']

I am sure that this forum and other websites will be faster in issuing alerts than embassy website.

Not sure about that.

One has to read this site to get informed, whereas the embassy just sends you an e-mail....

BB

Not sure about that.

One has to read this site to get informed' date=' whereas the embassy just sends you an e-mail....

BB[/quote']

Please do tell how email is quicker than surfing the internet. :dunno:

Embassy will only send out alerts based on current information and you can bet your bottom dollar that any information they recieve will have been published online. I, and I assume many others in Bangkok, are following the situation closely from various sources and recieving RSS feeds.

Archived