Vote: What should government do

BaronTT

Option 3 is the only one acceptable. Giving to Thaksin would be the worst, doing nothing as they have done before won't change anything. Wouldn't call it a middle though as it is not a compromise that helps to clear the stalemate.

If you wanted a middle way, would like stay put and resume talks until a compromise is found.

Option 3. It's gone on too long and especially for those of us who have tried to tip-toe around the situation, the escalation is unwanted. A girl in the office is leaving right now as she's received a phone call her son's kindergarten in Lam Luk Ka is being blocked. She's white with worry. My son can't come back from uni as he has to pass through town. My wife can't go to work.

Agree in principle with PM and KS.

Oh, you must mean agree to a election date, free access for all to campaign anywhere in the country. Independent investigation of April 10. Responsible media coverage of the campaign.

If those sound ok to you, why did the reds not take them a week ago before they unleased the thugs outside the barricades.

TH

No I don't think elections are seriously on the table anymore. Actually I even doubt they ever were but as it is doubt, I give Abhisit benefit of doubt.

For what I know, since last week-end, the block was on the conditions to just end the protests and go home. Gov't want rank & file protesters to report ID to authorities before allowed to go home. Reds obviously don't want it.

So, in desperation - our freedom loving, peaceful hooligans have again decided to inflict damage on the rest of us. Keep checking the "What is the Latest on the Red's Thread" for updates on the destruction they are trying to bring on.

By the way, the fires are about out at Asoke and looks like cross traffic will be open soon.

Archived