Foreign Journalists Targeted?

Stickman

The BBC reported that a Reuters correspondent reports that 3 foreign journalists have been shot in this morning's fracas, one killed.

Could it be that the red shirts are actually targeting foreign journalists on D Day?

I'd love to go down to photograph things but for sure, it's bloody dangerous and if on top of that foreigners might be targeted, well, forget it!

Just seems a little suspicious that 3 *foreign* journalists were shot...

*If* one stays away from the red zone and from downtown Bangkok, odds are there will be no issue of danger, more of disruptions. Disruptions are a nuisance, but not uncommon in Bangkok.

If I felt my personal safety was at risk, I would leave. But I don't think it will come to that.

Thailand claims success in Bangkok operation

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_thailand_politics

...An Associated Press photographer has seen three foreign journalists shot during the army operation in Bangkok, and one of them appears dead.

The photographer saw the three at a hospital Wednesday a few hours after the crackdown began to clear an anti-government protest site in central Bangkok...

I don’t think they are targeted at all. I think that with unhealthy competition to get that one shot, they put themselves in truly stupid positions and then complain (or at least their organizations do) when they get shot. There is no telling if someone that is shot was aimed at, hit be wild shot, or hit by a ricochet. But I can say, that if you are around people that are shooting and you are not directly behind them, there is a chance you will get hit. If both sides are shooting the chances increase by magnitudes of thousands.

TH

Guest lazyphil

this twit beeb reporter was on a hot street pointing to the army behind sandbag looking safety areas (sorry i dont know the militart terms!), he was in the middle of the street, you could see soldiers tucked away, the person in the studio in london suggested he took cover, he just smiled gormlessly. theres good reporting them theres idiotic glory hunting

Archived