Where does Thailand go from here?

KimDidMeGood

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see there being isolated problems around the country in the provinces the next couple of months, and continuing smaller protests, and hit and run continuous problems in BKK for a while from the hard core protesters still at large. It remains to be seen if this was mostly about people being paid to protest, or if there is a small solid core of Red Shirts that will continue to cause problems where they can for the government, especially in the hard core Red areas.

I don't think this will end as quickly as the Yellow Shirt protests seemed to. I hope it does, but have my doubts.

Hopefully my friends and other members here living in BKK can now have some peace and a return to normal living in the Big Mango.

I'll be down in a few more weeks. See you guys there.

Cent

Nice post. My own impression is: I don't know. But if I had to make a prediction it would be the same, a continuation of isolated acts by the hardcore -- with any luck something that diminishes over a short period. I don't get the impression that the Thais are down for a full on civil war.

I'm an atheist and don't pray. But for the people I care about, and for most of you guys too, I'll offer something up in the chance that some deity somewhere will say -- they've had enough bullshit for awhile.

Maybe if they started crucifying Farang by the roadside it would keep me away, but probably not. Will be back in November -- then for a year at the end of next Summer (thanks for your help Flash).

Take care. Hope the worst has passed.

yes we are looking at urban warfare going on for a long period with car bombs and all the other guerrilla warfare .they arent just gonna pack up and go home ,its a long term instability problem.

the hatred runs deep especially after their man was shot in the head ,he is a martyr and a figurehead.

the whole thing has been badly handled but then they fear elections as they will lose for sure .

a Pandora's box of trouble has been opened ,just to add to the troubles in the south

Thaihome ....Seen this youtube video ?

Listen to the moron applauding at around 3.30 mark.

sidenote: typical Thai OH&S ....let anybody wander around a burning building and shoot youtube vids !

Thanks for the link, makes me feel very sick. and sad. very sad. some much have been lost.....

BB

the applauding morons are at ~ 02:30...

I live in an area that was previously quite far from the troubles but there were red shirts with guns and an M79 being chased by police this afternoon about 100 metres from my apartment. Later there were some explosions and shots.

Where does Thailand go from here?

The trouble is Thais are generally shit at compromise. Face gets in the way. They're immature by our standards, they live for the moment, don't think too much about the future or think too much about anything generally. They find it difficult to see another's viewpoint. Look at these idiots. Wait another mere 6 months for an election, having made their point. And they can't do that? 'Democracy' to them is getting their own way.

Archived