is everything ok in pattaya?

keith doug

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BKK Post online said the announcement to lift the curfew was made at 8:45....don't know how the night turned out, I got down there early and by 9:30 was turning out the light thinking how odd, usually only heading out at this hour in Pattaya, but no one told me and I stay far from the bar beer chaos of sound so I didn't know until morning...At 5 pm only about 1/3 of gogos were open on Walking Street...Seemed like the talent pool was deep and with three or so hours left to get that bf very little chrome poll shuffling, though some of the girls complained of being a bit sleepy....one gal told me "I no like wake up afternoon"...I said, "afternoon?...what time do you usually wake up?", she said "8"....

>>BKK Post online said the announcement to lift the curfew was made at 8:45

...If you're mongering, lifesabeach, bugger the Bangkok Post and their misinformation, Tune into Thai360 for the latest info. :)

I posted about 7:40 pm having just noticed this newsflash last night.

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/20966/breaking-news-pattaya-under-curfew/

At 7pm on Friday Night we received information that the curfew has officially been lifted here in Pattaya. This follows a meeting held at Pattaya City Hall earlier on Friday where a number of business owners pleaded to the Pattaya Mayor to get the curfew lifted which they felt was unnecessary as there was no intelligence suggesting that any riots or other disturbances would take place here in Pattaya.

:beer:

Thanks for that....Next time I will but by 7:40 I was way gettin busy wit it...woulda done me no good....fact is I pulled one I normally wouldn't a been able to and got 10 hours of sleep as well!.....but I coulda been out for a wander had I checked or had my hotel let me known..... I tried to give them a bit of grief about that but they said they didn't find out till the morning themselves..guess the soundtruck making the announcement didn't make it by my place....

A couple friends went to Pattaya (and Thailand) for the first time on my recommendation Thursday for a quick 4 day 'recon' mission.

They got back today and I was disheartened to hear there was a curfew. They said it wasn't so bad because the long time was made longer because of it. Still I felt badly about it.

Pattaya runs on night life. No way can they keep an extended curfew going. Its simply too bad for business and since 'the troubles' to borrow it from our Irish friends, hasn't affected the city, it seems like it was done to placate some one high up.

I'm going in July. Hopefully this 'mess' will be resolved by then.

>>No way can they keep an extended curfew going

... the curfew ended in Pattaya on Friday. No extension here.

Don't feel so bad. Your friends only had to endure one night of curfew last Thursday. It's business as usual here since Friday. I was out till 3am last night.

I don't recall being in any fit state Monday am to visit a netcafe.Have my own puter in condo anyway.

But you have brought up an anomaly I think I have noticed before.. somehow my time settings out of synch.

I am posting this now at 10:04 am Wednesday 26 in Pattaya.

PS aha ... the time on my post is 6 hours slow. Any idea what's causing that?

Archived