On Behalf Of the Rural Farang.

Julian2

Soongmak,

Difficult to discuss when you don't have a firm grasp of the facts or events.

It is not my habit to discuss things without studying it first. Just because I don't see it your way, doesn't mean I don't understand what's going on.

The situation in Thailand is not that hard to understand. If you look through the smoke screens, it is obvious that there is a power struggle going on. The fact is that the majority of the voters in Thailand do not get heard now, simply because they vote in a way that is obviously not appreciated by the ruling class and Bangkok middle class.

Are the red shirts getting manipulated? Yes. Are their leaders thugs? Yes. Does that mean they have no democratic rights? No. Simple as that. :beer:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Soongmak' date='

Difficult to discuss when you don't have a firm grasp of the facts or events.

[/quote']

It is not my habit to discuss things without studying it first. Just because I don't see it your way, doesn't mean I don't understand what's going on.

The situation in Thailand is not that hard to understand. If you look through the smoke screens, it is obvious that there is a power struggle going on. [b]The fact is that the majority of the voters in Thailand do not get heard now, simply because they vote in a way that is obviously not appreciated by the ruling class and Bangkok middle class. [/b]

Are the red shirts getting manipulated? Yes. Are their leaders thugs? Yes. Does that mean they have no democratic rights? No. Simple as that. :beer:

Please explain, with facts, avoiding rhetoric and hyperbole, why you think the majority of voters in Thailand do not get heard.

:dunno:

TH

Please explain, with facts, avoiding rhetoric and hyperbole, why you think the majority of voters in Thailand do not get heard.

TH

I think they were heard last week loud and clear.

It always amazes me how people who don't live in Thailand know so much more than those of us who do. And those who don't speak Thai know more than those who are fluent and work with Thais every day.

Oh, shit ... now I'm sounding like OH. :banghead:

Mac,

You can't possibly understand how OH, or any other falang feels, because you live in Thailand.

It always amazes me how people who don't live in Thailand know so much more than those of us who do. And those who don't speak Thai know more than those who are fluent and work with Thais every day.

Not everyone speaks with the yellow shirt leaders like you do. :hippie: We know you are part of the inner circle of yellow shirts, red shirts, military, and Democrat party. Thanks for warning us about the assassination.

Why? You don't need to live in LOS or speak fluent thai to stay informed.

Please explain' date=' with facts, avoiding rhetoric and hyperbole, why you think the majority of voters in Thailand do not get heard.

TH

[/quote']

I think they were heard last week loud and clear.

I thought I had asked to drop the byperbole, but since you cannot come up with any fact to support it, you have continued to use it.

TH

Archived