On Behalf Of the Rural Farang.

Julian2

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It always amazes me how people who don't live in Thailand know so much more than those of us who do. And those who don't speak Thai know more than those who are fluent and work with Thais every day.

Oh, shit ... now I'm sounding like OH. :banghead:

I am trying to stay out of this...THANK YOU!

It always amazes me how people who don't live in Thailand know so much more than those of us who do. And those who don't speak Thai know more than those who are fluent and work with Thais every day. Didn't someone say in another thread...

Oh' date=' shit ... now I'm sounding like OH. :banghead:

[/quote']

Why? You don't need to live in LOS or speak fluent thai to stay informed.

Apparently, you do.

I am just wondering how all the Expat experts farangs came to know what is best for Thailand, more so than Thais...and I also wonder how they would feel if a Thai walked up to them, got in their face and said "...You are not Thai, you do not understand, so shut the fuck up farang...." But well...

While we are at it, do farangs in Thailand know what is best for Thailand more so than Thais who are expats in the USA or elsewhere? And If I just arrived in Thailand last week as a resident expat, would I automatically be clued in on everything? As I recall a farang anti red shirt here has a THAI wife who is a Red supporter...does he know something she doesn't? Didn't someone say in another thread...

"...Absolute garbage from people who think they are experts because they've lived here a couple of year (usually in Pattaya)..." ????

How many people do I/we know who have lived in Thailand for 20-30++ years and can't speak a word of Thai, and act like a guy off the plane on his first trip...?

Oh never mind, I am bored with al of this...lets talk about whores and booze...

Please explain' date=' with facts, avoiding rhetoric and hyperbole, why you think the majority of voters in Thailand do not get heard.

:dunno:

TH

[/quote']

I would if I thought you were interested in what I have to tell. But listening isn't exactly your strong suit, now is it? :hippie:

Let's just say their votes don't count. I don't have to explain this to you, or do I? :deal:

It always amazes me how people who don't live in Thailand know so much more than those of us who do. And those who don't speak Thai know more than those who are fluent and work with Thais every day.

It always amazes me that the old-hands like you have to retort to these kind of silly arguments. So, if you were in a discussion with Taksin, you would agree with him, because he has lived here longer than you, and even better, he was born here? Right! :applause::doah::rotfl:

I wonder if a farang who doesn't live in Thailand, nor speak fluent Thai would be thought of the same way if he agreed with certain people? I mean if we agree, then clearly we know what we are talking about and don't need to live there or speak fluent Thai to understand it...but it's different I guess if we don't agree...?

Please explain' date=' with facts, avoiding rhetoric and hyperbole, why you think the majority of voters in Thailand do not get heard.

:dunno:

TH

[/quote']

I would if I thought you were interested in what I have to tell. But listening isn't exactly your strong suit, now is it? :hippie:

Let's just say their votes don't count. I don't have to explain this to you, or do I? :deal:

Yes, I'm afraid you do. I will make it simple. Give me the name of one Member of Parliament that was not elected.

If you can do that, I might go along with your assertion that their votes don's count.

I do notice that you did not complain when people in Suphanburi voted for the Chart Thai Party on the promise they would not join the PPP in a coalition, but then it did and both Samak and Somchai were elected PM. Did their votes not count then and only count now that the Chart Thai has joined the Democrat coalition as promised in November 2007?

TH

Yes, I'm afraid you do. I will make it simple. Give me the name of one Member of Parliament that was not elected.

If you can do that, I might go along with your assertion that their votes don's count.

Don't take things only literally. That is tiresome and beneath someone who is obviously not stupid. The fact that Samak was ejected and the coalition partners of the PPP were strongarmed by the army into forming a coalition with the democrats without running new elections make that their votes effectively don't count.

Archived