On Behalf Of the Rural Farang.

Julian2

BBSo I never eat out or never go shopping? I assure you we pay more tpurchase taxliving here full time than tourist do on occaisional visits, and this is on top of income tax.

Imagine going out with a group of ten people each throwing $20 into the fund then outsiders turned up demanding food and drink from your collective funds, you would be pissed,

now we have wankers from afield telling us to share our kitty. Sorry does not compute.

Maybe if USA had treated native Americans well or Australia with the Abboes and NZ with the Maoris some peoples opinions may hold some creedance but since this is not the case I stand by my point SHUT THE FUCK UP! In a polite way of course.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You demand high standards of the current government, but apparently not of the opposition. That doesn't strike you as odd?

I only want democracy to take it's course. One person, one vote. It is not the case of holding the current governement to higher standards than the opposition's. I acknowledged that Thaksin abused his powers, and I may even agree with the coup releasing him from his office.

If the army had used their time in power to redraft the constitution with only the idea in mind that this kind of power abuse would never take place again, I wouldn't have mind. But they abused their powers and used the constitution to effectively end Thai democracy in order to preserve their own interests. The subsequent actions against Samak and the installation of the Abhisit government only confirmed that Thailand is not a democracy anymore. Abhisit is controlled by the army and has taken no necessary steps to restore democracy either. That is why we are at a stalemate here.

The next government's aim should be reinstating the democracy by changing the constitution and make sure that the sort of power abuse that Thaksin showed is not possible again.

That should be the main objective. Instead politicians and even the people on this board keep bickering about who did what to who and who is the biggest thug. The focus should be solely on restoring democracy. Sadly, the leaders on both sides seem to care more about preserving their self interests instead of doing what is right for the people.

BBSo I never eat out or never go shopping? I assure you we pay more tpurchase taxliving here full time than tourist do on occaisional visits, and this is on top of income tax.

Imagine going out with a group of ten people each throwing $20 into the fund then outsiders turned up demanding food and drink from your collective funds, you would be pissed,

now we have wankers from afield telling us to share our kitty. Sorry does not compute.

Maybe if USA had treated native Americans well or Australia with the Abboes and NZ with the Maoris some peoples opinions may hold some creedance but since this is not the case I stand by my point SHUT THE FUCK UP! In a polite way of course.

Well I guess you did read my reply properly.....

Excuse me, but all of us who only visit pay 7 % VAT on anything we purchase in Thailand, hotels, restaurants, shopping, etc....

Granted not as much as local expats, but we contribute as well :beer:

BB

Not as much as you do, but we all contribute, albeit in smaller numbers....

Then again, you are pissed off at all contributors in this threat sharing their own opinions, telling them to shut up because only you (expats) pay local taxes. I only countered saying that is not (totally) correct......

BB

And whilst we are onto the issue about tax, all you F**cking armchair critics gobbing off from afar who have also never contributed one single satang via taxation to the Thai ecconomy SHUT THE F**K UP Put your money where your mouth is or slide back under the slimey rock you come from.

Wow, you're a tax payer in Thailand! You have achieved dream status. :applause: You actually have earned the right to...what exactly? Oh yeah, the right to pay taxes! :rotfl: Not that it gives you any priviliges like the right to vote or anything. No, you have earned the right to part from your heard earned cash in a country in which you have to report to your immigration parole officer every 90 days, a country that basically doesn't want you, while those poor country bumpkins whom you so despise because they are exempt from paying taxes, get to vote how your tax dollars are spent. :grinyes:

Now what does that make you? Nothing but a poor delusional sap who thinks his obligation to pay taxes actually gives him some rights. :dunce: Wake up and smell the coffee! You have just as much to say in Thailand as this "armchair critic". So why don't you shut up yourself, unless you have anything to contribute to this discussion without turning it in to some baseless and obnoxious shouting match. :argue:

Actually early Americans did well against the Norwegians, got rid of them pronto, it was English bastards who did the bad stuff.

Interestingly Maori's haven't done that badly as a group compared to most indigenous groups taken over by colonialist.

I'm agreeing with Soongmak, who agrees with someone else, forget who, and I always agree with OH.

Archived