On Behalf Of the Rural Farang.

Julian2

Let's lay off a bit on Julian please - I actually would like more of our posters who had different viewpoints to come back and debate / do an after action wrap up.

I for one enjoys most of J2's posts.

Dont have to agree with a poster to enjoy him....

J2, please do keep posting, as this thread is a great initiative.

Thanks.

BB

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USV, I'll start.

[Removed - KS]

Now, back to reality. PM said it best, and calmly. I can't do that.

Do our city families do not "work with them, they nurse us when we are sick and help us through the many problems we face here."

WTF? That's not even worthy of a response it is soooo condescending. [Removed - KS]

My family just lost several 100 thousand baht because of your red shirts democracy seekers. They're bankrupt, after several generations of fighting the system and making it up to the middle class. They have nothing now. My fiancee, her brothers and sisters, all wiped out. No business nor jobs for who knows how long. Ohh, but 65yo mom still has the little back soi laundry biz that got them all there. Whooppee.

You think that's chump change? That it doesn't simply kill my family? At the very least, the taxes they paid to support the hand outs to the reds are now gone. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

Can I come to Chiang Rai, block off your commercial district and burn it to the ground tomorrow because I'm unhappy? Is that a good thing? Is it democracy "Giles?" Of course, you don't care cuz you're retired and it doesn't affect you.

All "yellow" (who must be because they oppose the reds) deserve this right "Giles?"

[Removed - KS]

The mind boggles...

EDIT -- KS, I'm sorry. Feel free to ban me (again, sorry, not implying you need my permission to do that). But I'll not take back what I said.

[No ban as I understand the frustration, but your post was WAY too harsh so I have removed a lot of the personal crap - KS]

You are of course correct. But few flowers to smell right now. It's all burning building materials.

That whole meme of "I live in the farm country so my family loves me more" just pisses me off so much! I hear it so often it makes me puke. Complete shite!

I'd love to be able to say all I've said tonight to the face the the OP. Maybe that's why I'm sooo on edge (cuz I can't)...

EDIT -- PS, ya I'm PUI. But it makes ZERO difference...

Let's lay off a bit on Julian please - I actually would like more of our posters who had different viewpoints to come back and debate / do an after action wrap up.

I think no one disagrees that the vast majority of the rural poor (The Red's) have some valid grievances - but I believe that the vehicle that they chose to follow was completely wrong.

But if their arguments are only that the Yellows started it - then it is pointless (and not productive) to discuss further.

One point I do make for their side - the appointment of Kasit as FM is a huge mistake by this government. I am no fan of the PAD, and my business was severely hit by the airport closure - but nonwithstanding his qualifications - he nor anyone associated with the PAD should be in this cabinet.

Time for him to resign - immediately - and on his own.

I stopped posting a lot of counter point stuff mainly out of respect for the stress many guys I know here are feeling. A lot of good comments have been posted here, taken out of turn or misinterpreted, and the posters have been slagged. No need for it.

I would say to many here, consider some of the comments you have made towards others you feel should have no say or opinion in this matter, and remember them when you make comment on other things that you don't have a stake in. That said no grudges against anyone here.

You are of course correct. But few flowers to smell right now. It's all burning building materials.

That whole meme of "I live in the farm country so my family loves me more" just pisses me off so much! I hear it so often it makes me puke. Complete shite!

I'd love to be able to say all I've said tonight to the face the the OP. Maybe that's why I'm sooo on edge (cuz I can't)...

EDIT -- PS, ya I'm PUI. But it makes ZERO difference...

Whilst we all feel sorry for you, and that is genuine, I don't think that J2 was saying anything more then the protesters, rightly or wrongly, thought their cause was just. Indeed, J2 stated, "Many Bangkok farang stand to lose jobs and businesses and they and their families feel threatened by rioters. My full sympathies are with them".

We hope that you can manage your loss as best as is humanely possible, hopefully, the government will finance people's losses (and that talk is already in motion, and we may hear further on that once the situation has been stabilized).

However, Thaksin is revered in the north, they may be gullible, naive, poorly informed or Thaksin really did want to make a difference (personally, I think he has delusions of grandeur). All J2 was trying to point out, in my opinion, was that it can never be so cut and dried and people do have their own beliefs, again, rightly or wrongly. Unfortunately, sadly, this time, cooler heads did not prevail.

J2, let's hope all stay calm and good for you and your family to.

Archived