What would your government do?

Flashermac

The owners of Central World should survive. It's an amazing family - only three generations in Thailand starting with an imigrant Chinese grandfather and now one of the wealthiest in Thailand. They own the entire Central dept store chain, as well as a number of hotels. I imagine they are about ready to take out a contract on Takky though. :(

Hm, too bad. Guess we'll have to look elsewhere.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no way a UK government would have tolerated people barricading the equivalent of Oxford Street or Knightsbridge or, in fact, anywhere for even a day. The police would have been in there to uphold the law. Any guns or grenades or escalation or hostage-taking and the SAS might even have been called in. Taking police hostage to make sure leaders escaped? No way they'd get away with any of that. They'd be branded terrorists and hunted down.

Unbelievable pussy-footing around, Thai-style.

Guest lazyphil

quite fitting my tagline to some--i dont particually subscribe to his politics-just a local celeb, i could change to stephen hawkings!?!

In The USA, the SWAT teams would show up, the personnel carriers that look like a tank would show up, and most of, if not all the 'Red Shirts' would be dead.

In the US, Time Square, for example.

You probably are not gonna stay the first night.

One gun shot, One bomb, I would advise you to lay down with your hands on you head.... Because, they are comin to get ya, NOW.

WITH ALL NECESSARY FORCE, TO CLEAR IT, IN ONE HOUR.

Archived