Tosser of The Year!

Stickman

It gets even weirder. Apparently Jeff Savage was once in royal service working as a porter for the Queen of England. :surprised:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1284507/Thai-rioter-worked-Queen.html 07 June 2010

Thai ‘rioter’ worked for the Queen

He is the bandana-wearing Briton who was broadcast on the internet saying he would burn down a Bangkok shopping mall during the recent ­violence in Thailand.

Now, as Jeff Savage languishes in a tough Thai prison after being arrested for rioting, nowhere is a closer interest being taken in his plight than at Buckingham Palace.

For I can reveal that Savage, 48, used to work for the Queen and occupies the unhappy position of being the only member of Her ­Majesty’s staff, past or present, who could face the death penalty.

Originally from Tonbridge, Kent, tattooed Savage was filmed with anti-government protesters, known as the redshirts, in a foul-mouthed rant, saying: ‘We are going to smash the Central Plaza to s*** and steal everything out of it and burn the f***** down.’

It is all a far cry from the paunchy protester’s days in royal service as a porter. Then, he was a gently-spoken, well-regarded employee. ‘He was a popular guy and had a number of friends on the staff,’ I am told.

Savage joined the Palace in 1997, working in the kitchens. Efficient at his job, he was promoted to the grade of general porter, where his duties included preparing state rooms for official functions, such as banquets and investitures.

Wearing a shirt carrying the EIIR cipher, his main job was to move furniture. But for the 25 investitures held in the ­Palace ballroom every year, he would change into smart livery of black tailcoat, black trousers and waistcoat.

‘The Queen and other members of the Royal Family would have ­certainly known him,’ says an insider.

But after four years at the Palace, when it is thought he had use of a grace-and-favour flat in the Royal Mews, he surprised colleagues by leaving to go travelling.

‘You can imagine how shocked we were when he turned up on YouTube [the website] last month,’ says the source. ‘Everyone here has seen the clip and can’t believe it was a former member of the Queen’s staff they were watching.’

During a brief court appearance in Bangkok, Savage said of his ­previous life: ‘I have signed the Official Secrets Act, so I cannot make any comment. You will have to ask the big lady herself.’

A Buckingham Palace spokesman confirmed the Queen was aware of the situation, but had no comment to make.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coss,

Good points there ;)

cheers :beer:

If an overstayer is released initially and does a runner out of the country, then there is a lot less paper work and problems dealing with lawyers, family and embassy of the overstayer, who may be difficult and require, truth, proof, evidence and other uncomfortable concepts.

:)

Archived