Tosser of The Year!

Stickman

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is an idiot, every time he opens his mouth he is digging himself deeper into it.

As for the youtube clip, he could have probably got away with that, but his tattoos are somewhat of a defining feature. He then made a stick fo his own back with the "Times" interview then even worse with the "London Evening Standard", no doubt he got paid for them but I doubt he thinks it was worth it now.

This interview just antagonises the situation more, and as Thai Authorities are rightly saying, this is not just a one off, they are well aware of his involvment in the ASEAN Riots and believe he knows a lot more than he is currently admitting to.

I still belive that they will use the threat of longterm imprisonment / Possable Death Penalty as an incentive for him to "Spill the Beans" and if he co-operates just charge him with breach of SoE. I don't even think he will serve 2 years, but deportation and PNG is what he has got to look forward too.

I disagree with some, even as a foreigner he had the 'right' to be there, the right to 'fight' and express his opinions -> plenty of cases in history when foreigners took part to protests or even wars in other countries.

(Spanish civil war, Irish brigades during the American Civil War, protests against globalisation and so on)

Or why not start talking about the many foreigners who fought in the Waffen SS?

This guy (and the others) is indeed a dumbass but then 'he was free to join the reds' (no matter his reasons) -> now he just has to suffer the consequences and if it is death then so be it...

I am of course laughing as he is starting to realise (too late) in which poodoo he put himself in, would be nice to see the Thais charge him with everything they can and let him in a jail for quite a few years.

Why deportation? For once Thai double standards would be adequate if he can remain in jail for 10-15 years.

I disagree with some, even as a foreigner he had the 'right' to be there, the right to 'fight' and express his opinions ces and if it is death then so be it...

Why deportation? For once Thai double standards would be adequate if he can remain in jail for 10-15 years.

So you disagree with THE LAWS OF THAILAND so that makes your opinion correct does it?

It was clearly spelt out that under the STATE OF EMERGENCY no Foreigners are allowed to take part in the protests, any foreigner found in breach of SoE could be subject to prosecution and imprisonment of up to 2 years!

Failure to understand laws has never been a defence in any country in the world Thailand Included.

As for deportation, no foreigner has a RIGHT for a visa to stay in Thailand, it is a PRIVELEDGE. If convicted he will have lost his priveledge to such a visa, will be declared Personna Non Grata and deprted.

What is so difficult to comprehend?

Mekong: I didn't say it was legal for him to be there -> just said he had the 'right' by his own free will to be there...

I am not discussing about the legal aspect but there were plenty of BM saying -> he is a foreigner he has nothing to do there...

I just pointed out the many occurences through history of foreigners meddling with other's countries protests/wars/guerillas...

And if you read me wrong -> I would prefer for him to end up in jail for a long time rather than being 'simply' deported.

Mekong if you understood 'righ' from the legal point of view then I am sorry as you are right it was illegal for him to be there.

PS: What happened? Did you misread my post or do you feel grumpy today?

As for deportation, no foreigner has a RIGHT for a visa to stay in Thailand, it is a PRIVELEDGE. If convicted he will have lost his priveledge to such a visa, will be declared Personna Non Grata and deprted.

As far as I understand, the moron even overstayed his visa.... :rotl::rotl:

BB

As far as I understand, the moron even overstayed his visa.... :rotl::rotl:

BB

But according to Drogon it was his RIGHT to overstay his Visa. Legality should not infringe on a persons RIGHTs.

Can you just imagine up before the courts on some offence and your defence is "I Know its Illegal but it is my Right"

Probably would not be sent to jail but sectioned indefinately under the Mental Health Act.

mekong,

in fact if you read & understood the thread info you'd see that the guy was let loose on his initial overstay arrest/charges so unless it was meant to be a police gimmick overstay consequences are probably way overrated particularly on boards like this TV etc!

read a report on another guy who was caught overstaying on a visa run & released shortly after with no or little consequences (yeah a few bank notes may have changed hands but who cares) :rolleyes:

cheers :)

If an overstayer is released initially and does a runner out of the country, then there is a lot less paper work and problems dealing with lawyers, family and embassy of the overstayer, who may be difficult and require, truth, proof, evidence and other uncomfortable concepts.

:)

I disagree with some' date=' even as a foreigner he had the 'right' to be there, the right to 'fight' and express his opinions ces and if it is death then so be it...

[/quote']

So you disagree with THE LAWS OF THAILAND so that makes your opinion correct does it?

It was clearly spelt out that under the STATE OF EMERGENCY no Foreigners are allowed to take part in the protests, any foreigner found in breach of SoE could be subject to prosecution and imprisonment of up to 2 years!

Failure to understand laws has never been a defence in any country in the world Thailand Included.

I think that this is PUI (Posting Under Influence).

Archived