Tosser of The Year!

Stickman

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A British Red Shirt who was shown on YouTube promising to burn down a Bangkok shopping centre has expressed regret for his words and insisted that he had nothing to do with the arson attack that destroyed the luxury mall four days later.

Jeff Savage, of Tonbridge in Kent, said that his outburst, which has caused outrage among Thai internet users, was sarcastic and came at a moment of frustration because of the imminent suppression of the Red Shirt demonstrators by the Thai Army.

“I hold my hands up  it was me, and I’m ashamed that I lost my temper,†he told The Times by telephone from his home in the Thai resort town of Pattaya. “I was tired and emotional and full of steroids. I said we’re going to burn down Central  I was being sarcastic.â€Â

The 74-second video was removed from YouTube by the young American man who filmed Mr Savage, 48, on Saturday as he walked down a street occupied by the anti-Government Red Shirt protesters. It showed him dressed in the black clothes of the protest movement’s guards and brandishing a stick which he throws down in anger.

mid much swearing he is heard to say: “We’re going to burn down Central World,†and threatening to loot gold and jewellery from the shopping centre. To Mr Savage’s embarrassment, Central World was burnt down by a mob on Wednesday, after Red Shirt leaders handed themselves in to Thai police and called off their protests.

He insisted that he had played no part in the mayhem, and that at the time he was watching  although not taking part in  another arson attack on a Thai television station. But he defended the destruction of property as a weapon in the “class war†which he believes the Red Shirts are fighting.

“I was not involved [in either arson attack], it was far too dangerous,†he said. “But from what I heard it was some of the guards which did it to Central. I heard rumours that it was planned and that stuff had been put inside  gas canisters and stuff. It didn’t just go off because someone put a lighter to it.â€Â

An Australian man has stood up and given speeches at Red Shirt rallies but Mr Savage is the only Briton known to be an active member of the movement. He said: “I don’t mind if they knock on my door and throw me out of the country. But I would be disappointed to end up in a Thai jail.â€Â

Link

"...I heard rumours that it was planned" is a very key statement.

The destruction was planned for weeks or even months from what people I believe have said.

The "rural poor" who were paid to be there were more than willing, at least a huge percentage of them, to not only hold the economy hostage but destroy some of the better known international symbols.

Let's hope he gets disappointed. :D

Thats the least of his worries, if you believe what you read on certain Thai message boards he is a "Dead Man Walking"

Found some more about this tosser

"Jeff Savage, a British expatriate supporter of the Reds, said he was originally paid expenses by the movement to transport food and drink daily from his home town of Pattaya, southeast of Bangkok.

"I'm paying my own petrol money now so something's gone wrong somewhere," said the 48-year-old, whose wife is from Thailand's northeast. But he doubted that Reds' passions were likely to dwindle, even if their funding did.

"All my wife wants is equal opportunity for her daughter, an equal playing field. She doesn't want war or anarchy but it's got a bit out of control since people got killed," he said. "Since the deaths, it's got personal". "

Last Paragraph of Article

Obviously the mastermind behind everything. It's all there on tape.

Public execution I say. ;)

I bet he regrets it.

Interesting quote: there must be something wrong, I'm paying for my own petrol now.

Another might say finally something is right.

Also weird, it seemed as if he slammed his pole on the ground as soon as he realized he was in frame, then came over and was "angry" with a smile on his face. I'd say he's just an ordinary goofball except for one detail: dressed in black head to toe. By that I don't mean he's dangerous, no he seems to just be a goofball. But he's out there dressed in black knowing that it's the blackshirt guards who dress in black, and that those are the ones accused of terrorism and with a target on their backs should anything go donw, which obviously it was about to. So either he's a nutter, or at least he's completely lost the plot. I'd guess there were plenty of Thais out there in a similar mindframe.

Archived