Upmarket Wining and Dining..

lembeh

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys

many thanks for the suggestions. Will sound her out as to what she would like to eat, and go from there...

..and CVM, thanks for the story, was great reading.

Actually, its gonna be kinda weird for me doing the "other side" of Bangkok for a change..

-josh-

To Co Van My: You have just proved to me that rich as well as poor women know how to thoroughly "use" a guy, then throw them away.

Question: Why didn't you suggest that both of u go upstairs for a little R and R? I get the feeling she is a married lady that has lots of free time because her rich husband is fooling around with wife #2.

Just because she is Chinese, why do you presume she would want Chinese food? I'd say find out what she likes. If it's western, why not the Captain Bush Grill in the Royal Orchid Sheraton or Le Normandie or Lord Jim's in The Oriental? There are also good very upmarket Thai restaurants in the top hotels too.

p.s. I'd be quite pissed off if someone took me to MacDonald's just because I'm American.

Much of the business entertainment is done at the restaurants at the 5 star hotels. Most of them have 3or 4.

One outside of The hotels Ilike is Baan khanita on soi 23. Car park is always full of the old chauffer driven cars There is also a second restaurant belonging to same owner which apparently looks terrific on soi Ruam Rudee

For Regularguy, who wrote: Question: Why didn't you suggest that both of u go upstairs for a little R and R? I get the feeling she is a married lady that has lots of free time because her rich husband is fooling around with wife #2.

And I reply, who's using whom? I see this lady of my own free will knowing the financial costs. She introduces me to a side of Bangkok that not many tourists get to see. I don't need any additional emotional entanglements at the present time, and my physical needs are met quite well and frequently with other ladies in BKK. I suspect the same thing is true about her as well. But thanks for your concern.

CVM

The Vietnamese restaurant at the Dusit Thani is amazing. I'm a huge fan of Vietnamese food, but had never had an upscale version of it before.

WOW!

Excellent service, and the food, incredible.

We sat in a booth that was elevated and set in the back. Very romantic.

I highly recommend the Seafood Market it was one of my favorite places to eat, but taking a thai. national with me helped me to understand the shopping concept there. If you want to try Thai. food go to Cabbages and condoms. As to the part on entertainment if she is single why not put the moves on her (turn around is fair play) she might just be open to it. wink.gif" border="0

My experience is that taking Asian business people to Asian restaurants of any sort is usually a mistake and frequently suggests to them a lack of thought and even perhaps a lack of any real interest in them on the host's part. The suggestion of the Oriental is fine, of course, but then again that's a little obvious and implies that either you don't know many upmarket places or figure your guest for a tourist who would be impressed by the Oriental.

My suggestion is Phillippe's on Sukhumvit 39. For my money it's probably the best bistro-style kitchen east of Paris, and even better from your point of view, it's developed a reputation as a bit of a power dining spot among uppercrust Thais. I've seen three former PM's there and uncountable ambassadors, yet it's not nearly as stuffy as the Normandie and a hell of a lot less expensive. Frankly, I'd guess taking your guest there would mark you as a made of low-key good taste and impeccable judgment (whether you are or not).

Archived