Fucking 90 crap

Hi,

My 90-day probation crap ran out on the 16th, secretary was planning to take care of it this week, but obviously not possible since the government closed their offices.

So, now I get to go on Monday in person to take care of it. This is gonna be so fucking annoying as it is the first day after a closure of a week and will certainly be EXTREMELY busy.

Only alternative is going another day and paying a 2,500 Baht fine :(

What the fuck are these people thinking? Oh, never mind, government employees and thinking don't go together.

Fuck, I am pissed off about this, not in the least with the fact that after living her for 12+ years - 10 of which in the exact same house - I still have to report in every 90 days like a fucking criminal.

Sanuk!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, never mind, government employees and thinking don't go together.

Like a dumbshit I lost my California driver's license in Bangkok. I think it was stolen, but I still haven't figured it out - bad bad alcohol.

Anyway, had to go to the CA DMV on my first day back (5/11). Got there at 8am, drew a number. By noon was getting calls from boss and co-workers who thought I was bullshitting them and just being lazy coming back.

I sit and watch clerks laugh and joke with each other, eat chocolate bars, and repeatedly go into the back for LONG periods. Meanwhile, the line spills out of the building and down the street. Some weird-ass woman with the baby who took runner-up in the obnoxious screaming contest sits next to me. I feel a slow burn.

At 2pm my number gets called. It takes about 30 seconds to pay $25 and sign a form. I ask the lady -- why is everything so slow? Her reply: Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Employees pissed off because they've been forced to take days off due to the state budget issues.

Long story short -- empathize with your plight. Bring headphones and something to read.

Ps. Got 'Red Dead Redemption' today.

Well it likely will not get cheaper so start saving. Does not have to be paid until issued and that will be likely 18 months after application. Is it 90k now if you are married? Not cheap but to avoid the damned 90 day crap, plus they will never take it away once issued. If you plan to be here then I guess you mean it to be for a good few years. Every 90 days for the rest of your life seems a reasonable trade.

PR's have not been issued in what - 3 years?

Plus the official cost is over 200,000 baht.

KS - you only have to pay the fine at the time of renewal for your yearly change of status - or has that changed now? I admit I have not kept up recently.

Just fly out and come back in before that time is how I would do it. Then start with you next 90s after you come back.

(Maybe ask the question on TV?) :dunce:

Hi,

"KS - you only have to pay the fine at the time of renewal for your yearly change of status - or has that changed now?"

Not sure what you mean with this.

Flying out and back in would cost me a lot more in time and money than going to IM :)

Sanuk!

Archived