Sign in to follow this  
Flashermac

Red-shirts safely back home

Bangkok Post

21 May 2010

11:08am

All red-shirt supporters of the United front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) have been safely returned to their home provinces from Bangkok, Wutthichart Kalayanamitr, director of the Transport Company, said on Friday.

“I have received reports that convoys of buses transporting the red-shirts back home had arrived at their destinations, such as Khon Kaen, Maha Sarakham, Kalasin, Roi Et, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phrae and Nan, without any accidents or violence,†Mr Wutthichart said.

[color:red]The Ministry of Social Development and Human Security had given 200 baht cash to each protester to buy food during the journey, he added.[/color] :content:

Most of the returning red-shirts from the provinces had been part of the anti-government rally led by the UDD at Phan Fa Bridge on Ratchadamnoen Avenue and later at Ratchaprasong intersection since early March.

Rink

On TD, one the hard core apologist was spreading the rumor that the buses actually went south and they weren’t being taken home.

TH

^Well paranoia is a widespread disease in LOS these days.

Sometimes, the extent of human stupidity just cracks me up: some reds came to the police to get in those buses with their bags full of looted goods.

Never came to their minds that police would be searching the bags before boarding the buses, as a basic security procedure. Incredible.

Edited by Guest

^Well paranoia is a widespread disease in LOS these days.

Sometimes, the extent of human stupidity just cracks me up: some reds came to the police to get in those buses with their bags full of looted goods.

Never came to their minds that police would be searching the bags before boarding the buses, as a basic security procedure. Incredible.

The police should've cut off their fucking hands before throwing them in a cell.

HH

^Interesting that a staunch American conservative is advocating a system of punishment that is akin to the most extreme Islamist republics or emirates.

Not nearly as interesting if I were a bleeding heart lib. :neener:

HH

Interested how this issue has divided liberal and conservative alike.

It's quite funny to see who's found themselves in bed with who.