Central World

gobbledonk

Its surreal to see that huge building gutted by the arsonists, but I dont think I ever went into Central World : it looked a tad upmarket for someone with my priorities. I dont mind Central in Pattaya, mainly because it is an escape from the mob out on Beach Road. Feel for the people who no longer have a workplace or a job.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was not really high-end like say Paragon or Gaysorn.

Gobble is not only an Australian but also from Melbourne' date=' Pratanum and Chatuchack Markets are high end for his taste.

[/quote']

Hey, Myers is high end. It was the only thing several of my ex wives liked about Melbourne!

Do any buildings in Bangkok have working sprinkler systems? :dunno:

Sprinkler or deluge systems for commercial properties are sized for expected fire sources in accordance with NFPA Guidlines (National Fire Protection Association USA Standards). As such the fire system is based on worse case combustubles contained within the building and a factor of 200% applied.

No Fire and Gas System for a commercial premises would have been designed with "Terrorist Attacks" in mind, Central World had many fires starting in differant locations within the building at the same time and the use of accelerants.

If I was to put your question back to you, "Did WTC in NY City not have a working Sprinkler System" you would probably find my remarks offencive.

Admiitedly there are many instances in Thailand where fire codes have been violated, Zanika Nightclub NYE 2008 being the most recent example, but overall I would say that the majority of Public Buildings in Bangkok do comply with International Standards when it comes to fire codes.

This is not an assumption but a fact I know having been involved with Engineering and Commissioning FGS (Fire and Gas Systems) for many Industrial installations in Thailand on and off over the past 20 years now. As I mentioned in the "Thappline Fuel Depot" thread, we assumed terror attack as a probable cause for fire and Engineered the system to suit such probabilities.

Archived