Good Commentary Coming Out Now...

Gadfly

Regardless of how the vote was cast' date=' the result is history and that will remain a fact.....he was elected PM[/quote']

No he wasn't, he did not hold a majoraty and failed to form a coalition

What part is too complicated to get your head around?

He had the majority of the votes cast, which means he won plain and simple. Blame those who chose not to vote or those who decided not to run a candidate against him. I mean that is "democracy" right? you don't like the guy you run against him and hopefully win. You don't send the military in to win for you.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you obviously dont spend much time upcountry in isaan area ' date='just ask anybody and you wont find any yellows but a rabid hatred of the present lot and gleefull smiles at the mention of Thaksins name.

if you mention his shortcomings they are glossed over and he is still the good old boy that everyone loves . [/quote']

Well, I DO spend a lot of time upcountry in Issan and I reject your comments as total BULLSHIT

...Wont find any yellows.... Crap

Gleeful smiles... Not (anymore) in my part of the woods

Good old boy that everyone loves....5555 Heard a local Village Head suggesting recently that the best thing for Thailand would be for someone to shoot Takky

Dunno what part of the Jungle you frequent but your comments just don't hold true around the Surin area

Shhhhhh! Haven't we been chastised enough? I know when to quit. Of course the two week residents know more than we who live and own businesses here. They just ask their well-educated and worldly "girlfriends" to give them their opinions. I certainly cannot compete with that! I know when I'm beat...

Frankly anyone who claims, "They all" is wrong about pretty much anything

By far the majority in my area are still strong red, but there are pockets that aren't,

What's the percentage of people in Isaan who'd vote Thaksin 1 if there was a election he could stand in?

I think pretty high still, my gut feeling is over 50% in his heart land.

however for you yellow shirts, you could change that if you got your leaders to change how they engage the locals,

don't come back with, "Abhisit is doing free education/roads/next budget"

It's more complex than that, look at how Howard took over the Labor vote in Australia, he made them wealthier, and they backed him till they got poorer - but Abhisit/yellow has to change if you want things to change for the better.

LOL, you rag on me for saying "you all" regarding reds, then bounce right around and do the same thing. 555+

"Engage the locals?" All they want is free shit. Not much to talk about, is there? They have no interest in improving their lot. It has already been proven given their ignorance of what's happening now, and what Thakky "did" to, err, for them.

But hey, Che would be proud.

you obviously dont spend much time upcountry in isaan area ' date='just ask anybody and you wont find any yellows but a rabid hatred of the present lot and gleefull smiles at the mention of Thaksins name.

if you mention his shortcomings they are glossed over and he is still the good old boy that everyone loves . [/quote']

Well, I DO spend a lot of time upcountry in Issan and I reject your comments as total BULLSHIT

...Wont find any yellows.... Crap

Gleeful smiles... Not (anymore) in my part of the woods

Good old boy that everyone loves....5555 Heard a local Village Head suggesting recently that the best thing for Thailand would be for someone to shoot Takky

Dunno what part of the Jungle you frequent but your comments just don't hold true around the Surin area

DS you need to put it in perspective though.....remember you are part of the "Rural Elite"

LOL, you rag on me for saying "you all" regarding reds, then bounce right around and do the same thing. 555+

"Engage the locals?" All they want is free shit. Not much to talk about, is there? They have no interest in improving their lot. It has already been proven given their ignorance of what's happening now, and what Thakky "did" to, err, for them.

But hey, Che would be proud.

I think you will find the reference to "you all" was by someone else...possibly yourself.

You really need to look up the definition of ignorance I think.

I am the first to admit Thaksin has the "Marcos" factor about him but voters remember what is done for them more than what isn't.

I would put money that he would get close to 50% of the vote should he run. Gee maybe even the yellow shirts could boycot the election and he could get almost 100% and not be elected.

DS you need to put it in perspective though.....remember you are part of the "Rural Elite"

Just cos I use the Range Rover to pull the plough and employ scantily clad 19 yo "virgins" to plant my (Rice) stalk...proves nothing

..and I'm always careful when I go out. Nowadays I always wear my new Polo shirt...

The one with the yellow & red horizontal stripes

(Actually I have 3 of them now)

LOL...I should check out the re runs of my fav old TV show...

...To the Manor Born... :evilpumpkin::evilpumpkin::grinyes::beer::beer:

LOL

Yeah, it ain't half bad up here!!

I'm getting old these days, so have placed a self imposed control on my debauchary

I try and stay away from the "Big Smoke" for a couple of months at a time...Buddha knows, one can get into enough "trouble" upcountry :drool::surprised::surprised:

These days I'm restricting my drinking and debauchary to days that end with a "Y"

so far it's working well....LOL

Cheers (not so) DC

Archived