Why are so many Brits American haters

Ckrisg

Stickman Weekly

"Why are there so many Brits in Bangkok who are America / American haters? It really gets on my nerves. I was out one night this week with an American friend and we bumped into a British friend who is otherwise a decent enough sort. Once my British realised that I was with was American he started to rant and rave and go on and on and on about America and Americans, showing a complete lack of class, complete lack of social skills and no sense of decorum. This is not the first time it has happened and it often makes me reluctant to introduce one Bangkok friend to another - irrespective of nationality. This does seem to be a Thailand expat thing - we know that there are a lot of odd people here - but you know what, I never hear the Americans scoffing off at the Brits"

Personally I think this statement is full of shi....., more Sticks problem with Brits!!!

What does the Board think!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the best assessment would be everybody (except maybe Israel, but they probably hate us too).

Hell, even Americans hate Americans.

Being one of us ain't easy bruthas, that's all I got to say.

(And even worse, inside the US everybody hates Los Angeles most of all. The most hated of the hated. Living here is good training. For what I'm not sure... but it's good training).

"They got all kinds of fuckin' stuff

They got everything you could imagine

They're so God damned spoiled

They're poisoned inside

They iudge a man by what he's got

And they wanta have more and more

More power, more freedom

Taller kids, longer lives

Everything"

-Iggy Pop

---------

Edit: Forgot the other part of the song.

Iggy Pop: 'well I mean I like it here...do you have anything you' d like to say to america?'

Henry Rollins: 'I'd iust like to say at this point that i' m 24 hour, 7 day a week, 365 day a year... american'

:)

Archived