Why are so many Brits American haters

Ckrisg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think every country has there share of loud obnoxious population...usually a minority. The thing with americans is it seems the majority.

I don't dislike americans just wish they had an off or volume switch sometimes.

Agree with others....don't single out the Brits. There are about 190 nations in that same line.

I love this thread...judging an individual person because of what passport he has and the history of meeting other people with the same type of passport. Very narrow-minded to suggest that since a person is American, that one will instantly dislike them. This may be one the most discriminatory thread I've ever seen here. I wanted to say racist but it doesn't really apply as some here suggest most people hate Americans whether they're white, black or other.

It's as though we Brits, Aussies, Americans, Canadians and Kiwis are in some sort of polygamous marriage.

Married couples are allowed to have rows, but deep down they are still in love. We all share some sort of common culture through language and history.

:beer:

My main issue is with people, of whatever nationality, who seem completely unaware that there are other people on the planet. Loud talkers, aggro drivers and serial breeders with feral kids all seem to have the same 'f*ck the world' attitude. I know this because I have to share a continent with millions of them.

If I have a criticism of *some* Americans, it would be the loud talker syndrome. Politically, the US is a superpower in decline, IMO. I was pooh-poohed her when I predicted, some 4-5 years ago, that China would be the next economic superpower : that was before they had to bail the rest of us out of the GFC. It was easy then, and still is, to reel off reasons why China will never make it to the same level of prosperity as the US, but someone forgot to tell the Chinese.

Interesting times ahead.

I love this thread...judging an individual person because of what passport he has and the history of meeting other people with the same type of passport. Very narrow-minded to suggest that since a person is American, that one will instantly dislike them. This may be one the most discriminatory thread I've ever seen here. I wanted to say racist but it doesn't really apply as some here suggest most people hate Americans whether they're white, black or other.

You must have been here for the smelly Indian or the arab threads

America - USA

The Brits.

First it was the Brits. Pilgrams and Puritans.

The rejects of England. Booted out or ran away.

But then came the Industrial Revolution. US (the former Brits) needed laborers. Cheap laborers. For the factories and coal mines.

So then they imported the Irish. Irish Catholics.

Easy enough as they spoke the same language. But the former Brits (Now US) treated the Irish like shit.

Then the Brits (Now US) still needed more laborers for the sweat shops, factories, and mines so they opened up Ellis Island and imported anyone from the Continent. Mostly rejects from their own fiefdoms, kingdoms, pricipalities, countries, etc.

So presently, the US is a country of rejects, has been, run-a-ways, etc.

And you wonder why the few/many that travel abroad are obnoxious?

THEY ARE YOU !!!!

Archived