We didn’t have to wait long for Israel’s latest outrage

robaus

More than 10 people have been killed after Israelis stormed a convoy of international ships carrying humanitarian aid to Gaza in international waters 64 kms out to sea.

Israeli terrorists strike again

Is there no limit to Israeli arrogance: it thinks it is above international law? I suppose it knows it is when the whole world does nothing to stop Israel’s war crime of collective punishment against Gazan Palestinians… a 3 year illegal economic blockade. The US will veto any UN resolutions. And the EU will just say naughty naughty... deplorable incident etc.. full inquiry needed blah blah blah.

Why Israel’s again disproportionate use of force?

Why Israeli special forces storming aboard with guns blazing? Something fishy going on here.

If you want to stop the ships, either throw a heavy rope around the propeller or use Navy SEALS to attach a small explosive device to disable the ship. Then tow them into port.

Yes, of course it was a publicity stunt by the Free Gaza peace activists. Well, if they wanted publicity, now Israel has certainly given them plenty.. so much for Israeli intelligence.

It doesn’t hold water that this all accidentally got out of hand. It was obviously deliberately orchestrated by Israel.

Notice cameras on the bridge of the Israeli gunboat stage managing an Israeli officer warning the ship to surrender. Notice his American accent too, so that Fox viewers wouldn’t have any trouble hearing. What right has an American got to besiege a country 6,000 miles away from where he was born?

If 1600 houses built illegally in Jerusalem can bring peace talks to an end, they knew damn well this would too.

Israel does not want peace. It has been playing for time since 1948.

What has this violence achieved?

Looks like Turkey (its ship and casualties) may end up cutting ties with Israel. Thousands of Israelis holiday in Turkey every year.. that will be off limits as too dangerous now.

Peace talks are off.

Unrest throughout Israel and West Bank. Maybe Israel’s intention to provoke another intifada. "Look Fox viewers: these wicked Palestinians throwing rocks at us." Then the mayhem escalates further. Obama’s peace initiatives shelved, and with a bit of luck, AIPAC can make sure he isn’t re-elected.

Does the conspiracy go even further? “If only we can get Hezbollah to launch a few rockets against us, then we can attack Iran their sponsor.â€Â

Who knows what goes through these military planners minds?

One thing is for sure, Israel was quite capable of preventing these ships from reaching Gaza relatively incident and publicity free.

It begs the question.. why did they choose this way?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From an equally nonbiased source :

<< According to IDF reports, at least 10 activists were killed during the ensuing clashes. Six Navy commandos were also wounded, some of them from gunfire and at least one was in a serious condition with a head wound. Foreign reports claimed that the number of dead was close to 15. Some of the wounded were evacuated to Israeli hospitals by Air Force helicopters.

In international reactions, Turkey, Sweden and Greece summonsed their Israeli ambassadors for discussions on the violence.

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas also responded to the clashes, which he called a "slaughter," according to an AFP report.

Upon boarding the ships, the soldiers encountered fierce resistance from the passengers who were armed with knives, bats and metal pipes. The soldiers used non-lethal measures to disperse the crowd. The activists, according to an IDF report, succeeded in stealing two handguns from soldiers and opened fire, leading to an escalation in violence. >>

http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=176970

From an equally nonbiased source :

<< According to IDF reports, at least 10 activists were killed during the ensuing clashes. Six Navy commandos were also wounded, some of them from gunfire and at least one was in a serious condition with a head wound. Foreign reports claimed that the number of dead was close to 15. Some of the wounded were evacuated to Israeli hospitals by Air Force helicopters.

In international reactions, Turkey, Sweden and Greece summonsed their Israeli ambassadors for discussions on the violence.

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas also responded to the clashes, which he called a "slaughter," according to an AFP report.

Upon boarding the ships, the soldiers encountered fierce resistance from the passengers who were armed with knives, bats and metal pipes. The soldiers used non-lethal measures to disperse the crowd. The activists, according to an IDF report, succeeded in stealing two handguns from soldiers and opened fire, leading to an escalation in violence. >>

http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=176970

Mac,

They'll move it in a few minutes -I bet- but if you look at the bottom left corner of the picture that is the Al Jazeera logo in gold color. On the breaking news page of the Jerusalem Post!

Wonder if they will pay a royalty to Al Jazeera?

Robaus: You are free to to be pro Palestinian or whatever suites you but please stop talking about stuff you know nothing about.

[color:red]If you want to stop the ships, either throw a heavy rope around the propeller or use Navy SEALS to attach a small explosive device to disable the ship. Then tow them into port.

[/color]

Hey Einstein! (Oups sorry, he was Jew, did I offend you), throw a rope around the propeller...

any other bright ideas like this?

With people on a boat trying to repulse you while maneuvering or even firing at you -> how is your boat going to approach??

Hey Genius!

Navy Seals -> may I remind you the SEALS are part of the United States Navy, not the IDF navy.

Of course the IDF could use the Shayetet 13 (naval commando).

Attach a small explosive device to every boat in the flotilla to disable it and then tow them to port??

How are you sure you will not sink the ship? Not even talking about getting the commando on site, getting the explosive you need and configure it then start thinking about how to disable every boat (and therefore study the boat's configuration) and so on...

All this without taking into consideration the boat's passengers are resisting and even firing at you while manoeuvring...

Other bright ideas or you are too busy with your propaganda?

I wonder how long we have to wait until Robaus start posting stuff like the Nazi employed by Arabs countries (mainly Egypt) broadcasted before the Six-Day War....

:dunno:

Robaus: This is a Thai forum and if you continue your pure hate propaganda -> then I will take the other side just for the pleasure of it.

(not that I like Israel at all, I am just pissed at people like you)

The death toll is rising…19 people murdered now. Sweden, Spain, Turkey withdrawn their ambassadors. Maybe more to follow

Better pass on your ideas to the Spanish Ambassador, drogon. He’s just been recalled from Israel by his (your?) government. I think he takes the matter more seriously than you do.

Just a reminder, this is the Non Thailand News forum and this is the main item of news internationally today. I’m not just drumming up a minor incident. Crikey, if I covered the daily humiliations and injustices that Israel thuggishly perpetrates against Palestinians, I’d have as many posts as Flashermac.

I don’t care how much you dislike hearing the truth, would like to censor it, and sweep it under the carpet, drogon. Hmmm weird. What are your motives? Why do you so passionately leap to the defense of Israelis who in an act of piracy on an international boat in international waters have murdered 19 people so far today. Do you have the same sympathy for Somali pirates too?

>> Hey Einstein! (Oups sorry, he was Jew, did I offend you)

… Desperado stuff, mate. I can’t hate a single person in this world simply because of the colour of their skin, a fold of their eyelid, their race, or religion. You have no arguments so you play the old anti Semitic card. Piss weak. Please research the difference between Jew, Israeli, and Zionist.

>> Attach a small explosive device to every boat in the flotilla to disable it and then tow them to port??

… absolutely yes. If Israeli navy divers can’t disable the propellers or rudder of 6 ships in the middle of night when most people were sleeping, then God help the Israeli navy. It would have been a slightly better outcome than the present fuck up don’t you think?

>> Of course the IDF could use the Shayetet 13 (naval commando).

… You seem to be very knowledgeable about the Israeli navy? Interesting.

>> and even firing at you while manoeuvring...

.. oh my Buddha, you have got an overactive imagination haven’t you? Where are these guns you speak of? The only people with guns on those ships were the Israeli terrorists.

>> I wonder how long we have to wait until Robaus start posting stuff like the Nazi employed by Arabs countries (mainly Egypt) broadcasted before the Six-Day War....

… bit of an own goal there I’m afraid, Dr Goebbels. Looks like we didn’t have to wait too long at all for you to attempt to take the subject off topic. Hmm interesting again. For someone who simply claims to be an average Joe monger, who is a bit upset about my choice of topics, you seem to have an awfully extensive knowledge of the Middle East conflict.

>> I will take the other side just for the pleasure of it.(not that I like Israel at all, I am just pissed at people like you)

…. Now let me get this straight, drogon. You’d rather take more pleasure in disliking me, than caring about the human rights of 1.5 million people trapped in the open prison called Gaza, or 19 peace activists murdered by Israeli thugs on the open seas?

This gets curiouser and curiouser.

:beer:

Israel stations nuclear missile subs off Iran

Three German-built Israeli submarines equipped with nuclear cruise missiles are to be deployed in the Gulf near the Iranian coastline.

The first has been sent in response to Israeli fears that ballistic missiles developed by Iran, Syria and Hezbollah, a political and military organisation in Lebanon, could hit sites in Israel, including air bases and missile launchers.

The submarines of Flotilla 7  Dolphin, Tekuma and Leviathan  have visited the Gulf before. But the decision has now been taken to ensure a permanent presence of at least one of the vessels.

The flotilla’s commander, identified only as “Colonel Oâ€Â, told an Israeli newspaper: “We are an underwater assault force. We’re operating deep and far, very far, from our borders.â€Â

Each of the submarines has a crew of 35 to 50, commanded by a colonel capable of launching a nuclear cruise missile.

The vessels can remain at sea for about 50 days and stay submerged up to 1,150ft below the surface for at least a week. Some of the cruise missiles are equipped with the most advanced nuclear warheads in the Israeli arsenal.

The deployment is designed to act as a deterrent, gather intelligence and potentially to land Mossad agents. “We’re a solid base for collecting sensitive information, as we can stay for a long time in one place,†said a flotilla officer.

The submarines could be used if Iran continues its programme to produce a nuclear bomb. “The 1,500km range of the submarines’ cruise missiles can reach any target in Iran,†said a navy officer.

Apparently responding to the Israeli activity, an Iranian admiral said: “Anyone who wishes to do an evil act in the Persian Gulf will receive a forceful response from us.â€Â

Israel’s urgent need to deter the Iran-Syria-Hezbollah alliance was demonstrated last month. Ehud Barak, the defence minister, was said to have shown President Barack Obama classified satellite images of a convoy of ballistic missiles leaving Syria on the way to Hezbollah in Lebanon.

Binyamin Netanyahu, the prime minister, will emphasise the danger to Obama in Washington this week.

Tel Aviv, Israel’s business and defence centre, remains the most threatened city in the world, said one expert. “There are more missiles per square foot targeting Tel Aviv than any other city,†he said.

Zionist propaganda from The Times

Archived