We didn’t have to wait long for Israel’s latest outrage

robaus

PS Wendella, I answered your question, yes the activists attacked the Israeli thugs.

How about answering mine?

1. Why will Israel not release the full unedited footage?

2. What images do you think are actually on this unedited footage?

I notice no reply yet.

It might be of interest to read the brief of the "prompt, impartial, credible, and transparent investigation" that Hillary Clinton called for.

Israel has agreed to carry out an investigation, which could be overseen by two international observers, but would be limited to a theoretical debate of the merits of the raid and the blockade. The commandos who led the raid would not be questioned.

The Israelis are determined to get to the bottom of events it seems. :rotl:

:beer:

Not to Israel's interest to do anything that will make them look bad.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your reply Wendella.

What I and others really want to know is whether activists’ and journalists’ accounts of what happened before the commandos landed are verified (or NOT) by the missing footage.

So far everything they have said has been true as they saw it (see below), even material that was useful to Israeli propaganda. The AJ journalist when first released told of 2 bloodied Israeli soldiers having been badly beaten and brought inside by activists to the area where they were. Then 2 days later pics verifying this appeared not sure how from maybe a hidden memory card of a Turkish activist that AJ got hold of and broadcast.

Some activists say shots were fired from the helicopter, some say there was definitely firing from Israelis before they landed on deck. If you were Israelis, you’d definitely want to clear yourself over that accusation. Showing the earlier footage would do so.

The activists may have confused some of the stun grenade explosions for live fire. Again, another matter that could be easily cleared up with a transparent inquiry. Stun grenades are normally used to cause panic and confusion in say a hostage situation where intelligence has already selected the targets. I think it was daft if the Israelis used them before they landed, which needlessly sowed we’re all going to die panic thoughts in passengers minds.

I am tending more away from my conspiracy theory now 60:40 in favour of it being an almighty poor planning operational cock up by Israel’s elite, and they don’t want to admit their mistake. Although I still have my doubts. The retired IDF general I quoted earlier couldn’t believe their poor planning either.

The fact that the Israeli inquiry will not even interview the commandos is an absolute joke.

I noticed that Ban Ki Moon has asked the Israelis to reconsider a more transparent investigation..

Re. the Iranian Red Crescent proposed aid flotilla, I think it’s a mistake too. It may play right into Israel’s propaganda hands. People will see he word Iranian and omit the words “Red Crescent†or not even understand it is the Muslim equivalent of the Red Cross. If it happens, I hope Israel plays it smarter with kid gloves this time. I don’t want to see any more lives lost, and they could even score a propaganda win.

:beer:

Obama seems to be confused. What exactly is 'unsustainable'....the situation or the blockade?

WASHINGTON - US PRESIDENT Barack Obama urged Israel on Wednesday to help ease restrictions on humanitarian aid and civilian goods for Gaza after a deadly flotilla raid, saying the situation in the blockaded coastal strip was unsustainable.

Hosting Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas at the White House, Mr Obama also pledged US$400 million (S$566 milion) in US assistance for the West Bank and Gaza, and sought to prevent heightened Middle East tensions from derailing US-brokered peace efforts.

Mr Obama called for a 'new conceptual framework' to the Israeli embargo on Gaza and said his administration was pressing the Jewish state to work with all parties to find a solution.

But he stopped short of joining a broader international outcry against US ally Israel over last week's raid on a Gaza-bound aid convoy and did not back Mr Abbas's demand for a lifting of the Gaza blockade.

Mr Obama reiterated that the flotilla incident was a tragedy and that it would be important to 'get all the facts'. 'What we also know is that the situation in Gaza is unsustainable,' he told reporters with Mr Abbas at his side.

Mr Abbas's visit came amid an international backlash against Israel after its forces boarded a Turkish aid ship headed for the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip on May 31. Nine pro-Palestinian activists were killed. -- REUTERS

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/World/Story/STIStory_538187.html

Iranian aid ships head for Gaza

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_iran_gaza_ship

Per the news buzz, the Bilderburgers have already given to "green light" to attack Iran...here we go!

TEHRAN (Reuters) – Iran is sending aid ships to blockaded Gaza, state radio said on Monday -- a move likely to be considered provocative by Israel which accuses Tehran of arming the Palestinian enclave's Islamist rulers, Hamas.

One ship left port on Sunday and another will depart by Friday, loaded with food, construction material and toys, the report said. "Until the end of (Israel's) Gaza blockade, Iran will continue to ship aid," said an official at Iran's Society for the Defense of the Palestinian Nation...

• 2 weeks later...

shygye,

Egypt will allow the Iranian Red Crescent ship to pass through the Suez canal. It leaves this weekend.

More facts are emerging from passengers on board the Mavi Marmara, despite Israel’s attempt to distort and stifle the truth.

It turns out that Israel carefully orchestrated the violence in attacking the ship in international waters. It was a cover to assassinate some peace activists they had targeted.

Don’t believe me? Then watch the Youtube link here

http://warincontext.org/2010/06/15/did-israel-target-raed-salah-in-the-mavi-marmara-raid/

See it with your own eyes.

An American passenger confiscates from a captured Israeli soldier a laminated guidebook carried by the commandos for the purpose of identifying passengers on the ship. One was heard to say “We got Salah†… that is an Israeli Arab Sheikh Salah, a long-time advocate of the right of return for Palestinian refugees.

But the Israelis shot the wrong man with similar looks, 61 year old Ibrahim Bilgen, a Turkish engineer, four times in the temple, chest, hip and back with a distant sniper shot.

I also urge you to watch the current BBCworld Hardtalk interview with an ex American marine Kenneth O’Keefe who was on board the ship, and disarmed an Israeli thug who had just shot another peace activist through the forehead.

Very powerful stuff. Well worth watching.

Thailand 15:30, and 22:30 June 23.. possibly other dates too

Archived