Obama Again

Hugh_Hoy

The latest polls show that Hillary is more popular at long last. Wonder if she will challenge him. :hmmm:

A lot of it depends on who wins the Republican primary. If its Palin' date=' Obama wins.

[/quote']

Lets hope we don't see Hillary in the White House. I'd say the Republicans have good odds now, especially if a double-dip recession comes to full fruition. And it probably will.

It won't be Palin.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And of course if that happens, they'll 1937 us right back into a devastating depression because the dumb fucks never learn from history.

It still may happen because some of the Dems are just as clueless.

But the GOP is gonna struggle this mid-term. They'll be lucky to pick up 4 Senate seats and 30 House, which would be below historical average for the opposition party in a mid-term.

Wonder if we will see any independents elected? Probably not - but a genuine third party is really needed, one without the negative baggage both major parties have.

p.s. As to the 1930s depression - which my parents grew up in - my father several told me that FDR had not ended the depression. WWII did! And after the war, the economy started sliding again ... until the Cold War rescued it. :dunno:

According to the latest WSJ/NBC poll, the US could very well blessed with a different president in two years. Obama's ratings continue to free-fall :content: Only his hard-core supporters fail to see what an inept, egotistical, unprepared, naieve president he has been so far. Continuing to make Carter look brilliant.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100624/pl_nm/us_obama_poll

Hillary won't run against him. Palin won't be in the running. As much as I'd like to see Obama's plane crash in mid-Pacific, I shutter to think of Biden/Pelosi sitting in the oval office. OMG ! Biden is plain stupid; Pelosi can't run more than three words into an intelligent sentence...and she grasps doing that. Clearly, the synopses don't communicate inside that head of hers. She's "certifiable". (As an aside, when I'm feeling down and beaten, I remember that someplace, some poor dude is named Mr. Pelosi.)

HH

I love the poor scared GOPers who are afraid of powerful women -- maybe they left their balls in the airport bathroom stall :dunno: . Pelosi is a player who gets shit done. And that scares the shit outta the GOPers LOL! I love it.

All we Dems have to do is let the GOP shoot themselves in the feet some more. Thank you Rep Barton for the "party of BP" meme now. What are they gonna fuck up next LOL! It's beautiful to see them implode.

McChrystal's 'resignation' was accepted. Smacks of Truman and MacArthur. A general of his rank and station making those comments are unacceptable. I don't care who the Commander in Chief is. If a general said the same about Bush I'd say the same as much as I thought Iraq was a gigantic mistake.

They MUST appear politically neutral.

As far as the election and the parties BOTH parties are gonna spend and spend big, the ONLY difference is what they spend on.

McChrystal's 'resignation' was accepted. Smacks of Truman and MacArthur. A general of his rank and station making those comments are unacceptable. I don't care who the Commander in Chief is. If a general said the same about Bush I'd say the same as much as I thought Iraq was a gigantic mistake.

Exactly the correct thing to do, tho' his ass should have been fired versus the easy way out. This is important because the reason officers are not allowed to be contemptuous of civilian leaders is to keep the military out of politics. We don't have coups or other issues like Thailand does and we need to keep it that way.

Now will he come up on UCMJ Article 88 charges or not? I doubt it, but still possible and would bit be out of line IMHO.

Exactly the correct thing to do' date=' tho' his ass should have been fired versus the easy way out. This is important because the reason officers are not allowed to be contemptuous of civilian leaders is to keep the military out of politics. We don't have coups or other issues like Thailand does and we need to keep it that way.

Now will he come up on UCMJ Article 88 charges or not? I doubt it, but still possible and would bit be out of line IMHO. [/quote']

Not sure it is the same as Truman and Mac...had Mac done his best, we'd not been dealing with North Korea today...and China might not be where it is either...but hind sight, 20/20 etc...war is best left to the military, and the politicians should let them run it...more less...

Archived