Beware Kasikorn ATM's -- just f**king thieves

People play up their success stories (economic or other) and play down their screw ups. Mekong, I'd imagine that your Iceland debacle wasn't your only economic screw up since you re-located to Thailand. Just about every BM can recount their screw ups, but most don't. I take most boasting on this board with several grains of salt.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suggest that other punters who are considering Meanie Mekong's Money Madness scheme about depositing large sums of money in untrustworthy, no comeback, no investigation Thai Banks may pause for caution with uptu2u's sad experience which you can read in this finance sub forum

http://www.thai360.com/fbb/showtopic.php?fid/23/tid/537646/pid/846594/post/last/#LAST

:beer:

>>And you call me Racist

... red herring. race has got nothing to do with banking system.

>>Of Course ATM FRAUD never happens elsewhere.

... of course it does. But in Oz and UK ombudsmen and laws protect the card holder and consumer. ... they don't here in LOS.. just ask up2up2u in this subforum.

But you are trying to encourage other board members to put all their eggs in one basket, gamble on the exchange rate, and deposit large sums of money in banks that may be attacked by fraudsters. Then the Thai banks leave you the innocent customer to bear all the loss.

>>If you distrust Thialand so much why are you here?

... love Thai women, cheap living, some excellent farang friends whose company I find intellectually stimulating, no need for vehicle.. I can drink and ride, warm weather all the year around, love Thai food, safe, hassle free, secure condo high in the sky.. can lock up and leave, excellent hospitals and dentists, fantastic hub for international travel, Himalayas world's most amazing mountains That I love to trek in only 3 hours away.

Thanks, Mekong, you've given me pause to think about all the reasons I love Thailand.

One thing I don't trust about Thailand is its banks. That's why as I pointed out above, I keep my money in safe Aussie banks and draw down funds completely commission free at good going rates whenever I need them.

:beer:

But you are trying to encourage other board members to put all their eggs in one basket, gamble on the exchange rate, and deposit large sums of money in banks that may be attacked by fraudsters. Then the Thai banks leave you the innocent customer to bear all the loss.

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

It may be a "Large Sim of Money" to you but its the equivalent of one months salary to me, maybe that is the differance between us. As for eggs all in one basket, well that was only one egg and there are a few dozen more secured in other baskets.

I have only been transferring foreign currencies into Thailand for close on 20 years now as well as speculationg on FOREX, so I think I may be a little bit more experienced at it than yourself. You take your advice form the barstool barristers you associate with in Pattaya and I will take mine from my Brother in Law who is an international Hedge Fund Manager for Siam Commercial Bank.

To say that you are not even in my league is an understatment, you are not even playing the same game as I am..

Archived