Which is the Best Hospital in Thailand?

Savittre

What all this says...you had better be part doctor yourself or have someone that can look after you who is.

My friend was in a coma for three months at one of the "top three" hospitals in BKK and *** I *** was suggesting to the doctor staff what they should be doing...WTF...after a 5M Baht bill and these azzholes can't organize an effective treatment...can you say "good bye" to any serious healthcare in LOS, I can!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of years ago at BNH, I had their platinum check up. It seemed to take all day going round the different departments getting checked etc, but in reality was about 2 hours morning, lunch break and then 2 hours afternoon. When I arrived in the morning, they asked me to piss in the bottle for a urine sample, but because they were a bit busy and distracted, they just gave me the pot and told me to fill it when I was ready. About an hour later I pissed in it and sealed it, but because I couldn't work out who to give it to, I put it in a bag that I was carrying around with the intention of giving it to someone at earliest opportunity. I forgot it was in the bag and a few hours later, suddenly it was the end of the check up. A doctor then comes to give the result verbally (with the official report to be mailed a couple of weeks later). When the doctor told me the urine result, I remembered that the sample was still in my bag. The doctor just apologised for the lapse of course, but it makes you think what a load of B.S. it probably is.

Without being personal, I know too (the same guy, TT). They fucked up there, it seems. But I have been privy to several non-fuck ups there, and life saving shit, so I'll still believe.

Hence my comparison to other places failing.

I really do not think medicine is 100% perfectly logical science; much more to it than that, I'm afraid.

When the doctor told me the urine result, I remembered that the sample was still in my bag. The doctor just apologised for the lapse of course, but it makes you think what a load of B.S. it probably is.

I had a similar experience, or rather a friend of mine did. She got the whole super-duper check-up special. Lots of tests, lots of pretty nurses and serious looking men in long white lab coats. It was expensive, but we knew it would be worth it to get such a conclusive and exhaustive study done. We came back a day or so later to get the report and she was handed a bound book of all her test results and the doctors' conclusions. Looking over the blood report I noticed that her white cell count seemed a bit high. I checked it against the range of normal values printed right after the number, and yes indeed, her count was outside of the normal range. Any firsrt year med student (and anyone that watches daytime soap operas) knows that this indicates she was already fighting off some infection at the time they drew her blood.

Finally I came to the page that stated the medical conclusions ofthis fine staff and had very mixed feelings when I read that she was the rosy picture of perfect health. Ah that it were true. Unfortunately the next day her symptoms surfaced and she was bedridden for 48 hours.

So what is the point of all the fancy tests if the doctors don't know haw to read them? I can't figure that one out either.

(PS. Yes, this was also at Bumrungrad.)

I am planning on being in LOS next January or February and was going to get an extensive check up, to go with the one I got in April, 1971 (was required for entrance to college). But, if they are BS, why bother. I can count on one hand the number of times that I've been to a doctor in 40 years (accidents) and I've never seen a doctor for any illness (probably should have when I got pneumonia when I was 38). I've always felt that the best chance of dying was to be admitted to a hospital for something minor and getting an infection. Anyway, I've got 8 years before qualifying for medicad and maybe I can stretch it to 44 years without health insurance.

I have found that the tests can be weighted...example, I ate some pizza for lunch, then fasted as I was told to do. The next morning I had blood tests and my cholesterol showed high.

Next test, no pizza the day before and cholesterol was normal.

Had a similar experience with sugar levels.

For me, maybe my metabolism is a bit slow or something, YMMV.

Archived