Which is the Best Hospital in Thailand?

Savittre

Bangkok Hospital certainly knows how to justify the most expensive procedures and medications they can think of.

BNH, Bumrungrad and Samitivej are not much different.

But you cannot compare places like Mayo, Central General or even Paolo with Bumrungrad and Bangkok Hospital. It is a different league.

To give you an example: a patient with terminal cancer was going to die in a good second-tier private hospital. At midnight, he was rushed to Bumrungrad and he is still alive (half a year later). After a couple of months in the hospital, he could go home. He is now surviving on an off-label prescription from an oncologist from Bumrungrad.

Cost about 200,000 USD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been to 5 hospitals in Thailand over a 17 year period as I work here. In Chiangmai, Chiangmai Ram1 is quick and rated as the best hospital up there.(Chiangmai has approx 22 hospitals by the way). I have also been to Pattaya/Bangkok Hospital as well and no problems and rate this good also quick service. I have also had an MRI scan at Bangkok Hospital and again great service and quick no complaints. In June this year 2010 I had very high BP and went to Bumrungrad and the service was superb,quick 14/15th floor. Had a swollen hand throbbing as well- Waited only 5 minutes to see a doctor after registering & the diagnosis was to me excellent. I went back for Blood tests 2 weeks later. eg liver function, kidneys & cholestrial & again very fast service no waiting at all. Although the cost may be slightly higher than other bangkok hospitals I would go back again for sure as I found the service excellent and the Doctor was more than concerned which I rate highly. One thing I will mention is that as I know where to buy my pills (wholesale)in Bangkok I always ask the Doctor what medication is required & then say I have a ready supply "so please don't write a prescription" as the costs for pills is expensive when you pay the bill. The doctor visit was around 750 baht. As I was staying closeby it was convenient but I think Bumrungrad is fine.

..., Chiangmai Ram1 is quick... I have also been to Pattaya/Bangkok Hospital as well and no problems and rate this good also quick service...I have also had an MRI scan at Bangkok Hospital and again great service and quick... In June this year I went to Bumrungrad and the service was superb,quick...

Being a very healthy individual I don't attend many hospitals, however if I do have to attend one then quickness of getting me back out the front door asap is not something I would be looking for!

Where'd the new guy go? Bumrungrad Scott. He said he was following this thread from the beginning but now seems eerily silent, even when asked a direct question about what his job was. I hope he comes back......I want a discount when I go get my V....

Apologies, I thought I was watching this thread as well. Forums are all different, as are the alert functions.

It is strange, but I always get this question of what I do at the hospital. Basically I work on our website as well as social media type stuff. I have been online with forums and such for about 15 years now, and I like to find out what people are saying online, as people are far more honest online than they are in person.

For Bumrungrad, when I find negative comments online, for the ones which are more actionable, I feed them back to the hospital in channels set up for this. And to be quite fair, when people ask questions, I also try to steer them in the right direction to get more information about our hospital. Sometimes those are direct questions about the hospital, and sometimes they are about services which we offer.

Unfortunately, I cannot help with requests for discounts on medication as has been requested! If only I could, I am sure I could buy "reputation credit".

I will try to check in on this thread a bit more often again ...

Best regards,

Scott @ Bumrungrad

Archived