Smoking Baby

The_Munchmaster

Too unfit to run: Two-year-old who smokes 40 cigarettes a day puffs away on a toy truck

By Mail Foreign Service

Taking a deep drag on his cigarette while resting on the steering wheel of his truck, he looks like a parody of a middle-aged lorry driver.

But the image covers up a much more disturbing truth: At just the tender age of two, Ardi Rizal's health has been so ruined by his 40-a-day habit that he now struggles to move by himself.

The four-stone Indonesia toddler is certainly far too unfit to run around with other children - and his condition is set to rapidly deteriorate

article-0-09C25401000005DC-825_634x433.jpg

But, despite local officials' offer to buy the Rizal family a new car if the boy quits, his parents feel unable to stop him because he throws massive tantrums if they don't indulge him.

His mother, Diana, 26, wept: 'He's totally addicted. If he doesn't get cigarettes, he gets angry and screams and batters his head against the wall. He tells me he feels dizzy and sick.'

Ardi will smoke only one brand and his habit costs his parents £3.78 a day in Musi Banyuasin, in Indonesia's South Sumatra province.

But in spite of this, his fishmonger father Mohammed, 30, said: 'He looks pretty healthy to me. I don't see the problem.'

Ardi's youth is the extreme of a disturbing trend. Data from the Central Statistics Agency showed 25 per cent of Indonesian children aged three to 15 have tried cigarettes, with 3.2 per cent of those active smokers.

The percentage of five to nine year olds lighting up increased from 0.4 per cent in 2001 to 2.8 per cent in 2004, the agency reported.

article-0-09C254F5000005DC-619_634x813.jpg

article-0-09C254F1000005DC-710_634x447.jpg

article-0-09C253F2000005DC-732_634x424.jpg

Obviously once he has learned to neck a bottle of whiskey a day, eat deep fried mars bars and starts to wear a skirt he will be considered for being granted Scottish citizenship!

Hey, you've got to apply for Scottish citizenship, we don't have people wandering around the world just dishing out the supreme accolade. :bow:

Thats pretty much how most smokers look to those of us who are vehemently opposed to the habit. Basically an oral fixation gone very wrong.

His parents, particularly dad (based on the comments), really need to be taken out and shot. How the hell they have let it get this far escapes me.

this was on the news down here last week.. I suspect this is a bit of a stunt, in any case maybe instead of the parents getting rewarded with a car (anybody disagree - if they get a car other idiot parents may be tempted to get their kid to try another bad habit) the kid should get taken away from them for a while.

Our media seems to have decided that this is the single most important issue facing the world today - they have now located a 3-year old girl in China who enjoys a beer with her fags, apparently while taking a dump:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/a/-/world/7375824/crash-turns-toddler-into-chain-smoker/

I dont want to suggest that she may be engaging in other 'adult' behaviour, but what the hell is going on with these parents ?

Archived