Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals

cavanami

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During WWII, the US Army patroled the border with mounted cavalry. Time to bring back the horse soldiers?

p.s. I know a woman whose father was a mounted Marine in Haiti in the 1920s. Uncle Sammy sent in the Marines, who decided they needed horses to get around. They bought some horses, borrowed saddles and tack from the cavalry, and learned to ride. The USMC - on land, on sea, in the air ... and on horseback! :)

Your question was: [color:red]"So once again, you advocate doing nothing? Could you please stop "pulling the RY" and answer directly, what business are you in and how many of these people do you hire? You seem to have some particular interest in letting these people run all over un checked... "[/color]

I own a small retail store.

My wife works for me. We do not employee illegals.

You claim I advocate doing nothing but what I do advocate is consider the cost and what our history has been on this subject. Any plan implemented will have serious burden on the tax payers - a bill we can not afford right now. Our history has shown that since we have owned Southeastern Arizona, we have virtually done nothing during those 156 years.

The Govenor of Arizona only talks about Obama's failures on Immigration and has forgotten about all the problems Arizona is facing right now.

What we need to do now is get our priorities straght.

Took you long enough to answer...but at least you did, which proves you are NOT RY, sorry for the insult.

You very clearly do advocate doing nothing based on the idea that we as a nation cannot afford any action, and thus we should just maintain the status quo...which of course will also cost us a lot in $$ and social impact. Frankly, I blame Reagan for the amnesty crap which did nothing but encourage more to come, hoping for the same deal.

The easiest way, and cheapest, is to crack down on employers who hire them. Second, you enforce anti loitering laws so these guys can't stand around all day waiting for work...easy enough...the burden these people put on an already strapped system justifies action and cost. We are already paying because of them.

I don't think the current administration is maintain the status quo. By going after businesses that hire large number of illegal immigrants, I think that does more to manage demand for illegal immigrants than putting thousands of armed guards and building useless fences. Costs less too.

[color:red]Agree. [/color]

I also think the "depressed wages" argument is a red herring too. If you work in food processing or or landscaping you may have a point,

[color:red]Ah no. The illegals are in construction, masonry, auto repair, and other skilled trades, and many have false i.d.s which allow them to get other jobs as well. Remember, we are NOT just talking Latinos here, we are talking ALL races that are here illegally.[/color]

but depressed wages is driven by a far greater extent by the current tax code that encourages employers to ship jobs overseas. Of course the teabaggers haven't taken up that rally cry yet ... there's no dark skinned bogeyman to blame. And their neocon masters will never suggest it to them.

[color:red]Agree, except for the part aboput illegals being a "boogie man..."[/color]

I am wondering why the right wingnuts are getting so worked up over all of this now? Why not 4 or 8 years ago? Oh, that's right. They were in charged at the time and could not have been arsed to deal with the problem. Too busy passing "Patriot Acts" I guess.

The right wingers did nothing, because they know their false god Ronnie the asshole is largely to blame for it, his bullshit plan only served to encourage more to come here hoping for the same deal. Additionally, they know it is a mess, and they didn't want to fuck with it, until they could blame someone (Dems) for it.

I don't think the current administration is maintain the status quo. By going after businesses that hire large number of illegal immigrants' date=' I think that does more to manage demand for illegal immigrants than putting thousands of armed guards and building useless fences. Costs less too.

[color:red']Agree. [/color]

I also think the "depressed wages" argument is a red herring too. If you work in food processing or or landscaping you may have a point,

[color:red]Ah no. The illegals are in construction, masonry, auto repair, and other skilled trades, and many have false i.d.s which allow them to get other jobs as well. Remember, we are NOT just talking Latinos here, we are talking ALL races that are here illegally.[/color]

but depressed wages is driven by a far greater extent by the current tax code that encourages employers to ship jobs overseas. Of course the teabaggers haven't taken up that rally cry yet ... there's no dark skinned bogeyman to blame. And their neocon masters will never suggest it to them.

[color:red]Agree, except for the part aboput illegals being a "boogie man..."[/color]

I am wondering why the right wingnuts are getting so worked up over all of this now? Why not 4 or 8 years ago? Oh, that's right. They were in charged at the time and could not have been arsed to deal with the problem. Too busy passing "Patriot Acts" I guess.

The right wingers did nothing, because they know their false god Ronnie the asshole is largely to blame for it, his bullshit plan only served to encourage more to come here hoping for the same deal. Additionally, they know it is a mess, and they didn't want to fuck with it, until they could blame someone (Dems) for it.

If you think the problem is skilled laborers depressing wages, then isn't going after employers the smart tactic? Rather than spending billions on useless fences and trigger-happy armed militia?

Oh, and I was not referring to Latinos as the "darked skinned boogie man". Was thinking in line of a more common target of the tea baggers.

I don't think the current administration is maintain the status quo. By going after businesses that hire large number of illegal immigrants' date=' I think that does more to manage demand for illegal immigrants than putting thousands of armed guards and building useless fences. Costs less too.

If you think the problem is skilled laborers depressing wages, then isn't going after employers the smart tactic? Rather than spending billions on useless fences and trigger-happy armed militia?

[color:red]Yes, I have always said the way to stop it is to go after those who hire them...but I don't think it would hurt to tighten up the border either...stop the drugs and other shit coming in...or at least slow it down. The Wall is bullshit, they'd just tunnel under it, or walk around it or over it...but if the incentive to come here is gone, fewer would bother.

As for border/customs/cops, don't get me started on those assholes...[/color]

Oh, and I was not referring to Latinos as the "darked skinned boogie man". Was thinking in line of a more common target of the tea baggers.

[color:red]Yes, I have always said the way to stop it is to go after those who hire them...but I don't think it would hurt to tighten up the border either...stop the drugs and other shit coming in...or at least slow it down. The Wall is bullshit, they'd just tunnel under it, or walk around it or over it...but if the incentive to come here is gone, fewer would bother.

As for border/customs/cops, don't get me started on those assholes...[/color]

[color:red]Don't get me started on these assholes either...mindless fuck wits...sure maybe 1-2 good sound bites about the constitution but then they just go off...and why do all the right wingers want to take everything the rest of us work for, then blame the left and those who don't work? Take our pensions and medical, they want our social security etc...god I hate these people, maybe worse than I hate illegals...actually I don't hate illegals, I just think we need to do something about them...oh fuck it, I'm going for tacos...screw the teabaggers...hey maybe we can have an exchange, 1 Illegal for 1 teabagger?...[/color]

Archived