Hooking up True Internet

Flashermac

All right, I've bought the package. Now what? Wonderful instruction manual ... says "Picture below shows how it stands on your table." Uh .. there ain't no picture, just a blank page. :(

Anyway, there is a picture in the Thai language section. That helps.

But I am supposed to connect a thick LAN cable to my PC. The damned thing doesn't fit anywhere on my PC! :cussing:

WTF am I doing wrong? :(

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aha! I found one ... is was sort of covered by metal the way the Thai swot had put it together.

So it's on there. Next step is???

Please explain in English that a 5 year old slow learner can understand. :(

I don't plan to use the phone on this line, so can I dispense with the splitter?

I've got fun as it is, since it turned out the True line is the one upstairs. Downstair is a TOT line. I'll either have to use a long cable to the upstairs line, or figure out how to switch the phone lines around. Looking at them, I suspect the Thai who wired them couldn't figure out which is which any more. Looks like a ball of yarn after the cat finished playing with it, :hmmm:

A bit like this?

If not using Phone Splitter not required

Swap lines over at the Telecoms Junction Boxes at front of house, hopefully they are next to each other.

Alternatavley install a WLAN (Wireless Lan) card on you PC, thats how my PC is hooked up, router is hidden away behind the TV and PC is 15 meters away other side of the room. WLAN on PC gets stronger reception that a laptop / netbook / cellphone since they have built in amplifier.

You have a LAN Card, the connection you found under the bit of metal shows that.

Connect Phone Line to Router

Connect PC to Router via LAN Connection

Power Up Router

Open Browser and type in http:// 192.168.1.1

Username ADMIN

Password 1234

Click on Settings Wizard Then Configure the Router

PPoE

LLC

Username and password supplied by TRUE

Well, I got it hooked up. But apparently I have buggered up the password. At least I can't get anything to open on line for me. I had to switch to the old dial up to post this. :(

Time to call somebody at True tomorrow and yell HELP! :banghead:

p.s. Would have been nice if I could have found somebody at the True office who could have spoken even a wee bit of English. My technical vocabulary in Thai is hardly up to the task. :p

I've got a card with a PIN number. Haven't figured out what I'm supposed to do with it. Nothing seems to work the way the instruction manal says it should. :dunce:

Archived