2010/11 Season

chelseafan

And we're off...

The fixture list has come out today throwing up last seasons league & cup winners Chelsea v Westbrom, on paper we have our first 15 points in the bag with Wigan, Stoke, West Ham and Blackpool to follow the opener...I will reiterate..."ON PAPER"

Although not announced yet, I reckon the first televised matches are going to be United v Newcastle & Liverpool v Arsenal.

Full first days fixtures are

Aston Villa v West Ham

Blackburn v Everton

Blackpool v Wigan

Bolton v Fulham

Chelsea v West Brom

Liverpool v Arsenal

Man United v Newcastle

Sunderland v Birmingham

Tottenham v Man City

Wolves v Stoke

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

Current rumor is Joe Cole is off to Anfield. Supposedly Arsenal wouldn't meet his wage demands. Its under 100k and he wanted it. I am surprised Liverpool have the money. Its on a free so they'll work something out. Hodgson is allegedly a big admirer of his.

On the Arsenal rumor front Schwarzer doesn't look good. 5 mil wanted, we are firm on 3 mil.

Someone on one of my Arsenal forums with claims of an inside track said we are going to get a fairly big name midfielder. Maybe Alonso. We made enquiries about Gerrard but nothing official and are not pursuing him actively. All fan boards have a guy who claims inside knowledge but this one seems to have some legs. We had a youth coach on one of the forums who gave us good tidbits. Met the guy a couple times on his visits to the states. Legit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hate to say it but sperz should have won that game handily in the first half. They looked threatening, then turn around and can't beat young boys and was down 3-0 at one point.

Arsenal disappointed me. When you've got a man advantage for a whole half you expect to win the game not chase it. Oh well. We still have Cesc and van Persie (sub apearance notwithstanding). Hopefullly another center back and Given. Another defensive center mid would be nice to compliment Song as well.

Man Yoo and Chelsea off to good starts. Congrats to Blackpool, dream start.

Good results for both Chelsea and Arsenal yesterday, United need to win by a few today to live with Chelsea's start,

This season I will be taking a major intrest in La Liga since I am currently working in Madrid and my apartment is 500 Meters from Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, just got my ticket for the Madrid Derby on 7 November. One of those games that has always been on my "To Do" List Real Madrid v Athletico Madrid at the Bernabeu a boyhood dream coming true, I just hope I can get a ticket for the Barcelona game

Archived