Maradona or Pele?

lifeline

Actually, I am from the US and know little about football.

But, I have a great impression of Pele. My son attended a camp he ran in the US and met him and he seemed to be a very nice person.

Of course, I have seen some highlights of both Maradona and Pele on youtube and elsewhere.

So, for all of the football fans, please make your comments about their careers, ability and...what do you think? who do you like?

Looking forward to comments from real football fans and experts (as opposed to ignorant people like me).

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pele is a legend.

Maradona is a coke sniffing cheat.

I don't understand why many consider him to be the best ever.

It seems they have a feud and are highly critical of each other.

I would love to hear more from you guys who know the sport. Please compare their playing ability and achievements - I would love to know more. Thanks

If only life were so simple. But an internet search will not give me the insight of someone who follows the game.

For example, the LA Lakers just won the National Basketball Association (NBA) championship. Kobe Bryant is their star player. After winning, it was said, Kobe had 5 championships, only one behind Michael Jordan (MJ) (considered by many as the best player ever).

But, in the championship game, Kobe played poorly and the rest of the team won the game (and the championship). In similar situations, MJ always performed and he won the championship. So, in reality, Kobe, even if his team wins another championship (his 6th = same as MJ), is not at the level of MJ.

So, I know about the NBA, Kobe and MJ. And, I know MJ is the superior player even if the "internet achievements say they are the same (6 championships for each, etc).

But, I don't know about Pele vs Maradona. I expect you do. So, who was the superior player...?

Archived