Anyone Been To A Podiatrist In LOS?

The_Munchmaster

For anyone who doesn't know, a Podiatrist is someone who specializes in the treatment of foot problems (used to be more commonly known as a Chiropodist).

Anyway I've had a lifetime problem with ingrowing toenails (on the big toes) and one has been such a problem in recent years that I asked my Podiatrist in Dubai about removing the nail and stopping it from ever growing back again.

No problem she said, so I planned to do it this month after my UK holiday. However when I got her quote of over £800 (~Baht 40,000) I had second thoughts about it.

So has anyone had their feet / toenails treated in Thailand?

I dont know if these people are still there you can try calling them 'The Foot Care Centre' Henry Joensen.

524/7 Soi Matanusorn, Mahaisawan rd.

near Rama 3 and Thanon Tok intersection.

phone on 02-2921200 or 01-8468083 I dont think you can find a native Thai podiatrist.I dont think in Thai medical schools theres a specialization for that,in general Thai's will go to a orthopedic doctor for foot problems.

In the USA Podiatrist have there own medical schools.At one time they were not regarded has doctors by the rest of the medical profession but now they are. Im sure there are no schools of podiatry in Thailand maybe its because of there Buddhist beliefs regarding the feet has especially dirty.

Archived