Thai Airways Takeaway

Ckrisg

If I understand this properly they seem to have the breathtaking idea of offering some sort of food that is designed to be similar to what they think the " Business traveller " likes to eat on their plane .

Problem could be that I do not know one single " Business traveller " who did ever voluntarily eat what they offer as meals in business class . The reason that people eat there is exclusively for the reason that they have no choice .

The number of people travelling hours through Khrungtep for the only reason to get the aforementioned food will therefore be very small .

I doubt that the people who created this idea did ever eat anything in Thai C .

The food as such is eatable insofar as it does not kill you right away .

On the trips to LOS, I enjoy the airline food as it gives me a head start on the inevitable projectile diarrhoea, that inevitably, I encounter after eating street food.

Sorta eases me into it.

On the way back home I eat the airline food so that if a customs official wishes to get out the rubber gloves, they can expect real experience .

It has always amazed me how poor airline food actually is. Long ago I suggested having a McDonalds on the plane, charging for food. I'd happily buy it.

Many years ago and in a different incarnation, I was air side at Manchester airport when meeting a prospective customer. Their business was airline food and during the conversation, he told me that meal prices were worked out to thousands of a penny. I quite stuck with me, the preciseness of their margins.

Archived