Myanmar Visa on Arrival from May 1st 2010

Not sure if this info has been posted before, but I think it would make me more likely to pop over for a quick visit on one of my LOS trips

Myanmar officially announced on 30 April that there will be Visa On Arrival facilities from 01 May 2010.

Visitors now apply at Yangon Airport Immigration counter obtaining forms either online or in-flight along with 2 recent photos (4 x 6 cm).

Visa is available to a current passport holders with a validity of minimum 6 months before expiry and a return air ticket.

US$ 30 per person charge for Tourist Visa with a 28 days stay - no extensions.

Visitors must use licensed hotels and state details on the visa form.

Children under 7 years old do not pay visa fees.

Visitors must show at least US$ 300 per person for their visit.

Source: Thailand Construction News - TCN161 - 23-06-10

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thai construction news - Quantity Surveying Consultants Ltd Thailand

THAILAND CONSTRUCTION NEWS - "TCN for short" - is a construction newsletter with a Thailand and Asian bias, written with a light-hearted irreverent style ...

Frankly I would prefer to get it before arriving. I don't trust the junta. I think what you are referring to is obtaining your visa with a pre-approved letter which is possible. Just means you don't have the visa physically in your passport but it has been approved.

.....I think what you are referring to is obtaining your visa with a pre-approved letter which is possible. Just means you don't have the visa physically in your passport but it has been approved.

No, I was referring to the article, which doesn't mention anything about preapproved letters. :confused::dunno:

I was thinking it was as before but you are correct.

Myanmar - New Myanmar Visa On Arrival

The Ministry of Home Affairs of Myanmar officially announced on 30 April that there will be changes in procedures to obtain a MVOA (Myanmar Visa On Arrival) in the future. The Real Visa On Arrival (new system) will come into effect from 01 May 2010. Basically tourists can now apply for MVOA at the Yangon Airport Immigration counter obtaining these forms either online or in-flight from the airlines.

Please find the below rules and regulations required for clients to apply for VOA at Yangon Airport.

(1) Visa On Arrival is available to clients who hold a current passport from his own country.

(2) Validity of passport must be minimum 6 months before expire.

(3) Clients pay US$ 30 per pax for Tourist Visa and they can stay 28 days in Myanmar. Do not allow for applications for extensions

(4) Clients must hold a return air ticket.

(5) Clients must stay at licensed Hotels, Motels, Inns and Guest Houses. Clients have to mention the detail address of these in Myanmar.

(6) Clients have to take along two photos (4 x 6 cm in size) which were taken within the last 6 months ago.

(7) Clients must obey all of the rules and regulations in Myanmar including the laws of immigration.

(8) Children (under 7 years old) who come with parents or who has own passport do not need to pay visa fees.

(9) Client have to show at least US$ 300 per pax for one by one visit. If it's a family, they must have at least US$ 600 to show per family. They can show other currencies but need to equal these US$ amounts.

(10) Do not allow to visit the forbidden areas without permission.

(11) Clients can obtain these forms for Visa On Arrival in advance on line or from the Airlines.

Welcoming news, making it now easier for your clients to visit this fantastic country.

http://www.srisiamholidays.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1450

In other words a way of monitoring your moves while visiting their "fantastic" country.

Bust - I like items 3 and 4 - as we all know lots of Mexicans want to move to Myanmar because it's such a place of such great opportunity.

BUT

I liked this best

(10) Do not allow to visit the forbidden areas without permission.

Errrr - yes?????? Did I write that perhaps?

Archived