Continuous Quiz - Resurrect your brain cells!

robaus

I’m trying to establish a continuous quiz in the Board Bar section.

It would generate a bit of traffic for the forum, and at the same time offer some sanuk and stimulation.

• The correct answerer gets to set the next question(s).

• If unanswered after 24? hrs, the question setter gives the answer and leaves it up for grabs for someone else for a further 24 hrs. If no-one jumps in, the previous question master asks another question.

• Preferably use questions that you set yourself without a combo of keywords that make them easily guessable via Google or Wikipedia. (but that’s your choice.. you may want to set more guessable ones to generate more questions)

• Cryptic questions are quite good, or..

• Connections questions. Punters answer separate questions to help out but all questions plus the connection itself must be answered to pass on the baton to another player.

• Test drive your question on Google with some keywords to see if it is easily answerable by the cheaters like me :-)

I’ll set the ball rolling in the Board Bar Forum with a Connections Question. (eyebee need not apply.. he’s heard this one already.. well all right but give others a chance first :grinyes:)

1 Which Roman Emperor infamous for his cruelty and madness succeeded Tiberius in 37 AD?

2 What historic king who ruled 434-453 AD was known as the "Scourge of God"?

3 What land mammal has the longest tail?

4 What world first did Abraham Darby construct at Coalbrookdale in what was then Shropshire in 1779?

5 Casein is the main protein in which liquid?

6 What's the connection?

:beer:

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>Milk - casein

Attila the Hun - 'Scourge'

Giraffe - long tail

Iron bridge - Darby

Caligula - succeeded Tiberius

That's certainly a good guess, rookie, but based on my possibly incorrect info from www.funtrivia.com who say the elephant has the longest tail. I suspect you are correct, not funtrivia

So correct answers (incl funtrivia's misinfo? sorry) so far are

Milk

Attila the Hun

Elephant

Iron

Caligula

Connection not an acronym, nor "Liquid" NG.

Will let you know tomorrow, then over to you.

Here's my Q. There was a very famous NZ sportsman, adopted by Australia (of course LOL). He made both NZ & Australia proud. He did all he could in Oceania, and went to America to try his game. But he became ill, not to perform (save one contest where he dominated), so we'll never know if he was really "world class." Sadly he succumbed to his illness before proving his worth"in the civilized world" and sadly died before being able to return to his homeland.

Q1: His nickname was Thai. What was it? 5 extra points in Thai script (or a translation).

Q2: Where is he now?

Cheers,

LK

more clues..

She has the eyes of Caligula and the lips of Marilyn Monroe (Pres Mitterand's description of her)

Attila the Hen (Private Eye's description of her)

Iron Lady (Gorbachov's description of her)

Milk Snatcher (UK tabloids description of her when she withdrew free school milk)

The Great She-Elephant (Idi Amin's description of her)

The answer must stand out like dogs balls now!

The first to guess sets the next question.

Archived