Continuous Quiz - Resurrect your brain cells!

robaus

Errol Flynn was a member of the Hollywood Cricket Club with David Niven. ... (one son, Sean Flynn, born 1941, reported missing in Cambodia in 1970 and presumed dead) ... His only son, Sean, an actor and later a noted war correspondent, disappeared in ... he was presumed dead in 1971, probably murdered by the Khmer Rouge

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is the longest word, in German, and what does it mean?

Donaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaft? Danube Steamboat Shipping Company. But you can probably construct even longer words, like

Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitänswitwenrentenauszahlungsstelle

c,

Donaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaft

Danube Shipping Company

No harm in having 2 questions (questions A and B) running concurrently I suppose to keep the punters happy.

If jai dee or someone else wants to post one, go for it.

in the meantime, a very easy connections question.

Question A

1 Which genetic mental disorder is caused by the presence of all or part of an extra 21st chromosome

2 Who was Dr Gillespie's protege at Blair General Hospital.

3 Which musician, knighted in 2001, has been quoted as saying, "I am a flute player, not a flautist. I don't have a flaut, and I've never flauted." ?

4 Who was the unsuccessful US presidential candidate for the Democrats in the 2004 election

5 Name the humorous five-line poem with a rhyme scheme aabba.

6 Frank Pakenham, Myra Hindley's pathetic apologist is better known by his title as

7 What was Gilbert O'Sullivan's big hit of 1972 supposedly inspired by his favourite niece.

8 Who was the swashbuckling romantic Hollywood actor of the 30s through to the 50s who starred in such classics as The Mark of Zorro, Jesse James, and Prince of Foxes

9 What's the connection?

Archived