Did I turn into a (Thai) Gik?

drogon

Drogon, she sounds like a nightmare...best avoided. If she's going to leave the control freak boyfriend, then best she does, but if he's got spyware all over her electronic gadgets, well, he deserves it. He obviously didn't trust her at all, so why the hell is he with her?

People are strange...

Steer clear mate. Think of your sanity.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drogon, why do you feel sorry for a guy who stupidly hands out money to a BTG/GTG/BG long term? It is just an investment; if he were serious he would do something with her. If he is testing the waters then a monthly stipend is sometimes required. The smart ones don't provide a stipend at all, keep in touch only and if she does not wait, move on with the next one(s) on the next trip.

I to have received a phone call from a boyfriend (unknown to me she had one) inquiring as to his ladies dalliances. I lied; I said I did not know her, wrong number etc. He had downloaded an SMS of mine from her mobile. It was very erotic SMS, something about bending her over her office table whilst her bank girl friend assisted me in my debauchery. Only one way to read into that SMS, but this guy, nice, polite and mild mannered asked questions to gather if I had any thing going on with his GF - as if, no reason to inquire as it was bleeding obvious but he choose to keep his eyes shut or wish to dismiss it as an aberration.

However, on Faustian’s point, two usual characteristics stick out in these situations. Firstly, an underlying distrust of the girl, secondly, an imbecilic/naive/romantic view of a relationship. Long distance coupled with a long end date is doomed. It is a relationship you consider when you're 12, not when your an adult. Another reason not to feel sorry for this guy, he is just marching time and will end up hurt or broke in any event.

However, keep away from this girl, she will be trouble, and the longer it lasts between you and her, the more pain. It is very rare a girl with no money or prospects can have a no strings attached relationship. Thai girls, in most instances think to mut.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived