The Pattaya News Thread

expat

Champagne agogo on Soi Lengkee is now open from 2 pm. Before they opened at 7, I believe.

There appear to be some soldiers in town--Americans I believe. Spotted on Soi 6. Soi 6 was busier than usual today, don't know why.

There's a big fair on Beach Road. I was walking along and thinking how unfair this was to take over the sex workers' place of employment. I then turned up Soi Yamoto and saw a gaggle of Dek Chaihat (as a beer bar girl once described them, though I haven't seen any 'deks' amonst them) sitting on the steps of Starbucks on the corner. There was another one sucking down a frappacino at an outside table, and she gave me a come-hither smile as I passed. Apparently she needed some more froth for her drink.

That's all I can think of for today; I'll chime back in as I notice things happening.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks expat re Champagne info. Perhaps you or eyebee can list all the afternoon gogos that are now open.

I am told that festival ends tomorrow. Should ease traffic flow, and it should be back to business for the gals and half gals of Coconut Bar (aka Beach Road).

:beer:

Bars that I know that are open in the afternoon:

Champagne

Oasis

TQ1

Club Nevada

Las Vegas

Nui's Walking Street?

The first bar on the left as you enter soi Diamond from Walking street

The one on Soi 6 (sometimes two, but now just one as there are not enough customers). I forget the name, something like Dance Club. Oh, the one that's closed now is Betty Boup and is opposite the open one.

More news:

The crappy agogo on Beach Road with cheap beer is now much better. Can't remember the name. Draft beer 35 baht! Cute girls. The owner of The Sea has taken it over, apparently. Damn, what's it called? Eyebee?

Bars that I know that are open in the afternoon:

Champagne

Oasis

TQ1

Club Nevada

Las Vegas

Nui's Walking Street?

The first bar on the left as you enter soi Diamond from Walking street

The one on Soi 6 (sometimes two, but now just one as there are not enough customers). I forget the name, something like Dance Club. Oh, the one that's closed now is Betty Boup and is opposite the open one.

More news:

The crappy agogo on Beach Road with cheap beer is now much better. Can't remember the name. Draft beer 35 baht! Cute girls. The owner of The Sea has taken it over, apparently. Damn, what's it called? Eyebee?

Soi 6 - Passion Dance Club I think.

More news:

Do you mean Worldwide Agogo, between sois 7 and 8 on Beach Road?

Oh, and the first bar on soi Diamond you mentioned is called New Star, it's another one of the Nui's group.

In further news, First Agogo on soi 8 is now operating between 2pm and 10pm. It's never been wildly successful, though there are a few cute girls in there.

Honey Inn on Soi Honey Inn is no more. It is now a big fishbowl massage parlor ala Sabai Land and Sabai Dee Body Massage. It is called, of course, Honey Massage. I haven't gone in yet, but you can see the fishbowl (slightly from the street).

I do not know if that means Soi Honey Inn is now known as Soi Honey Massage Parlor.

In other news, Kik Bar on the Darkside, corner of Soi Kao Noi and Soi Kao Talo, is having a bikini festival tomorrow night (Friday, July 9, 2010) starting at 5 pm (the bar opens at 1). They will have coyote dancers from Dao bar.

Archived