The Philippines and foreigners?

drogon

Don't quote me, I was talking to my pinoy friend only last week and spoke about land ownership. One can own a condominium up to 40% of the usuable space within a building. Not sure about land ownership but me thinks no, will ask her tomorrow and give you an update.

Foreign Ownership of Land in the Philippines

Posted by admin on Sunday, January 11th, 2009

Real Estate Ownership in the Philippines

Philippines real estate law does not allow outright ownership of real property by foreign nationals. Filipinos and former Filipino citizens and Philippine majority owned corporations (Take note of the Anti Dummy Law) are permitted to own land, buildings, condominiums and townhouses.

Foreign nationals may buy condominiums units in Philippine condos (shares in condominium corporations) as long as not more than 40% of the units in a project are acquired by foreigners (Republic Act No. 4726, otherwise known as the Condominium Act).

Exceptions to the 40% Foreign Ownership of Philippine Real Property

http://www.bcphilippineslawyers.com/foreign-ownership-of-land-in-the-philippines/371/

Visitor Visa: Upon entry into the Philippines, you receive a free 21 day visitor visa. You can renew it [upon payment of renewal fees] for up to one year at the Dumaguete City branch of the Immigration bureau.

http://www.mabinay.com/philippines-retirement-visa.htm

Permanent Resident Card: Upon application and payment of about $300.00 U.S., you can obtain a permanent resident card.

Getting married ... and getting the hell out of the Philippines! All the women (and most of the men) seem to want to leave.

p.s. I'd thought the Philippines would be much like LOS, until I talked to some ex-PC vols there. Thailand had the highest extention rate (beyond the basic 2 years) in the Peace Corps - until an arsehole ACTION director named Sam Brown made it tough to extend your service. The PC vols told me that many vols didn't even complete their 2 years in the Feelypenis. Seems there is a lot of crime, much of it unreported. Also, the food sucks. :p

long live stereotypes :rolleyes:

and som tam is prime health/delecious gourmet yeah? :)

in fact I got 'som tam' in Manila, but cant recall why it wasn't that interesting? perhaps the lack of fair amount of chilli (kids seasoning)?

:cover:

anyway there's no denying PH is part of the 'big 4 Asian' in P4P along with LOS, ID & KH ;)

Enjoy!

"Also, the food sucks"

Archived